neeru6

Amazon Research, Book reading, development, motivation, inspiration, improvement. Recent research by Amazon with an outcome of list of 100 books one should read in lifetime. We shall try to build a collection of these books in the discussion, write reviews and summaries for enhancement and learning.
From India, Delhi
neeru6

100 Books Everyone Should Read Before They Die or to be more apt... in one's life time to extract the best out of this wonderful Gift of Almighty called 'The Life'.

Amazon's research is wonderfully presented by Business Insider. If reading, motivation, self evaluation, introspection, learning attracts you, do spare a moment to read their article at the below link. Attached is the list of books (.xls format) along with Author's name. Gradually would try to update no. of pages, year of publication, Subject area, Availability status.

100 Books Everyone Should Read Before They Die | Business Insider India

Amazon has created a bucket list of books so that book lovers will not need to refer to their list time and again and can go ahead with a package to read these books in line. Below is the link for all books at Amazon as a 'Bucket Package'.

Amazon.com: 100 Books To Read In A Lifetime: Books

However, I have initiated this topic with below objectives.

1. Each one of us can contribute whatever books become available to people FOR FREE - so that they can pick it up even if they are not sure of spending on it.

2. If we have already read / read any of these books; we could share our review / analysis / summary of the book which could serve as comprehensive reference for people not so much into reading. This will also give overview of the book which might invite them to read the book as well.

3. Creating Powerpoints (*.pps) to sum up the essence of the book which shall atleast give the feel of the book to masses.

Looking forward to contribution and cooperation from all members,

Happy Reading accelerated with Learning and Development of core inner being,

Regards

Neeru Agarwal

(Feel free to contact at with your suggestions / queries)

From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls Amazon books to read list.xls (28.5 KB, 707 views)

Ryan

I went through the Amazon list of books. Disappointed to find that works of harry potter and hunger games made it to the list instead of Isaac Asimov's books, Jonathan Stroud's Bartimeus books, the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer, Neil Gaiman's books, Lee Child's books and many others.
I don't understand if the criteria was reading or revenue-earning.
Just my rant ;-)

From India, Mumbai
neeru6

Thanks for sharing your views, Ryan.
my opinion is: it's great motivation to read and altogether the list seems good... and it never stops us from reading further more... Let's all give it a try... Together we win... to be better than what we are today!!

From India, Delhi
Suresh P

Dear Neeru
I appreciate your effort to present this info as well as your point of advice to other readers. A couple of them I too had read.
However I have an apprehension, in India too there could be similar kind and quality of books (in English) available authored by known and lesser known writers. If similar kind of efforts by someone with same spirit had been taken to promote our publication too would equally be appreciated. If you go further, there could be many in various Indian languages too.
I'm not complaining against this effort; since nobody has compiled Indian publications therefore this effort is not appreciable. Please do not think that way.
My concern is not to sideline our identity while promoting other's. If we are not promoting our identity, no one else will do. Sorry if I hurt you
Suresh

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.