No Tags Found!

hackeranil

Dear All,
I am having 1 year of experience in HR Domain, Now i am with one of leading Engineering services company with 350+ employees. one of my employee resigned from his job and he is ready to serve notice period as per contract. my boss assigned the task of knowing reasons behind his resignation... Can you guide me how can i start a discussion with resigned employee and what parameters i can check with him for retaining or for current process improvement.
Plz guide me on this.
Thanks and Regards,
Anil

From India, Hyderabad
charlysingh2128

Hello Sir, I suggest that you should conduct exit interview with the employees at the time of leaving. Charly
From India, New Delhi
Muralidhar Chatragadda

Dear Mr.Anil,
First you get the clarification from your boss that you need that employee to be retained or not. If not, relieve him. If u really need his services for long time then you ask him what made him to look for another organisation. You should know better about other organisations and amenities you are providing to your employees.Guide him thoroughly about his career and try to help him to plan better his career. Ask him the problems he faced in present job. try to solve them if not now within short period. It helps you to retain employees...
Regards,
Muralidhar.

From India, Hyderabad
Amin263

Dear , You can use the attached Exit Q format. regards,
From United Arab Emirates, Sharjah
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc HR-040-EXIT INTERVIEW QUESTIONNAIRE PROPOSAL.doc (784.5 KB, 165 views)

NK SUNDARAM

Let me add my views here. I have handled HR for over 2 decades and headed the function for a decade and more. Please remember that no sane person will reveal his next company where he intends to join, till he reports there for duty. He may confide the name of the new organisation to a very select few like his immediate family members. I know several colleagues of mine, with whom I used to maintain personal / family relationship, who have said, 'I have two or three offers and have not yet decided'. Therefore, any exit interview is a perfunctory, routine task for the purpose of statistics. It is just an exercise in futility. There is an old saying " Employees do not leave the organisation, but their Managers '. If the employee is leaving the job, on account of work pressure, or harassment etc, in which case, the real reasons for a person leaving the job will not be revealed in the Exit Interview. Further, he would not like to leave the organisation and antagonise colleagues. May be after a few months, he may reveal information about his new destination, the reasons for leaving etc.
From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.