No Tags Found!

akasri

Hi,
From last two years a component of ESI gets deducted from my salary.
My salary increased in the month of august, and the ESI deductions will be made till October.
My father is suffering from hepatitis C and is under going a treatment which is 6 months long and very costly (but free due to ESI).
What will happen after October? The treatment after October will be covered or not?

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
JOSEPHPATRAO

Hi,
Kindly refer the below link.
:: Welcome to ESIC ::
Contribution Period and Benefit Period
There are two contribution periods each of six months duration and two corresponding benefit periods also of six months duration as under.
Contribution period Corresponding Cash Benefit period
Contribution Period
1st April to 30th Sept.
Cash Benefit Period
1st Jan of the following year to 30th June
Contribution Period
1st Oct to 31st March of the year following.
Cash Benefit Period
1st July to 31st December.
Best Regards

From India, Mumbai
ukmitra

Hi Akasri, Don’t worry, ESI is obligated by ACT and Govt to provide your parents with full treatment. Ukmitra
From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
sethupathy

Dear All,
An ongoing treatment can't be curtailed down merely because of the contributory norms.
The ESIC will extend its help till the end of the treatment, Hence need not worry about this.
We all here wish your father for "good Health and long healthy life."
S.Sethupathy
Excellent HR Services,
Erode

From India, Coimbatore
pkmbgr13@gmail.com

Dear Akasari, As my dear friend Mr.Sethupathy advised, no need to worry....the treatment will continue.....
From India
saswatabanerjee

Are you sure about this ?
Esic is a contributory health cover.
Once the person being treated is no longer a member of the scheme, why or how will they continue treatment ? The doctor may still see and advice the patient (I have doubt since he needs to quote the esic number), the medicines will definitely not be provided free.
Please tell me where in the esic rules is it stated that the treatment once begun must be continued.

From India, Mumbai
sethupathy

Dear Saswatabanerjee
I have long ago read about this continued treatment as I am sure about this , I search and find the following fact.
"Medical treatment in case of Insured Persons who go out of coverage of the scheme, during the period of treatment, be entitled to get continued treatment once started, till the spell of sickness ends or in case of long term ailments as long as the IP requires active treatment."
This is reproduced as stated in the web page of ESIC, Coimbatore. PDF copy enclosed.
However I made a mistake by stating that this applicable for dependent also. I regret for this false information.
Please note that this kind of MB extended to IPs till the end of the spell.
With Warm Regards,
S.Sethupathy
Erode

From India, Coimbatore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Medical Benefits - Entitlement.pdf (18.0 KB, 533 views)

sethupathy

DEAR ALL,
To support my above reply I am adding the two files. Please refer the highlighted portion of the files
File 1-Stanadard Note w.e.f 1st Jan 2013.
File 2- ESIC Act 1948 - Section 56
S.Sethupathy,
Erode

From India, Coimbatore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf ESIC-Standard Note 2013 -PAGE NO 31..pdf (1.39 MB, 306 views)
File Type: pdf TheEmployeesAct1948 (SEC 56).pdf (357.2 KB, 189 views)

saswatabanerjee

Thanks for the update.
I was not aware of this.
Logically it should be extended to dependants also.
Anyway, just got the information that esic coverage is being increased to a salary of 25000 per month. In that case the original poster will still be covered after October and need not worry.
However, thanks to his post, I learned something new.

From India, Mumbai
varghesemathew

Once an IP ceased to be so he/she and spouse can get medical benefit on payment of Rs120/-pa.This benefit is not available to other dependents. Varghese Mathew
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.