No Tags Found!

smith_cub
Hi All, Recently I attended one interview for recruiter. The asked me: Name of few performance management tools? But I couldn\'t answer the question. If any one knows about this please tell. Thanks s
From India, Bangalore
Kiruthika V.N

Hi,
1. KRI,KPI, KRA is a tool for PA
2. Balance Score Card is another tool to measure PA
3. Management by Objectives (MBO) is another one
The softwares available in the Market are
1. Adrenalin from Polaris available
2. RAMCO's HCM suite
3. TCS iON
4.SAP for small and medium enterprise
They are come in perpetual licence /cloud based. In most cases Performance management does not come as a separate software, it comes under HCM (Human capital management) or HRM module.
Hope, I have answered your question.
Regards,
Kiruthika

From India, Salai
akhilesh dubey

For deatiled information on performance management tools, please find attached the performance management toolkit by university of california
From India, Indore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Performance-Management-Toolkit.pdf (708.2 KB, 2691 views)

couvery

Well, Kiruthika has already mentioned the enough elements and software for the performance management. However, i would recommend for the software- TCS iON and SAP Rest is your choice.
From India, Lucknow
parthi319

Dear Krithiga warm greetings !! can u give brief about KRI , KPI , KRA , balance score card , how it works with PA practically in manufacturing industry ???
From India, Vellore
saiconsult

Kruthika, what about 360 degree performance appraisal ? B.Saikumar HR & Lab.law Advisor
From India, Mumbai
Kiruthika V.N

Hi,

Every organization has a vision, mission and strategy. They have 2 goals. Long term goals may be 5yrs to 10 yrs and the other is short term goals. These goals align with the vision, mission and strategy of a company. These goals are segregated across various departments. Therefore the companies goals are divided into department specific goals and from department to individual goals. This is how if your back trace, each individual works towards the dept goal which intern help the organization to achieve its overall vision, mission, strategy.

Let's say, The companies vision is to 1. Become Global leaders in a specific area, 2.Innovation, 3.Stake Holder Value 4.Customer Satisfaction.

Then the Mission her would be 1. Bring Innovation by new product technology 2. Cost Minimization to increase customer satisfaction. 3. Minimize the defect. 4 . On time delivery 5. Expanding with new business units and increase operations etc.

The Strategy would be

1. a. HR- Recruitment - To bring in knowledge workers, To minimize attrition,

b. HR - Training - To enhance knowledge of employees by understanding individual/organization training needs

c. HR - Performance Appraisal - Better performance by finding ways for individual improvements

2. Operations :

a. Increase production b. reduce defects c. On time delivery d.Supply Chain Management

3. Production:

a. Increase labour production, b. Quality Control , c. Work force Management etc

4. Finance :

a. Financial Budgeting , b. Increase Stake Holder value c.Cost control etc

These strategic goals are brought into picture using KRA, KPA and KPI

KRA - Key Result Areas, KPA - Key Performance Area and KPI -Key Performance Indicators.

These KRA,KPA and KPI will hold good to the organization. And from there we bring it to the department level and then to the individual level. There can be 3-5 KRA and for each KRA there can be 2-3 KPA. KPI are a measure/indicators for the KPA.

Lets take for a HR dept the KRA can be 1.Recruitment/ Selection 2.Workforce Planning/ 3.Diversity Management 4.Performance Management 5.Reward Management 6.Workplace Management 7.Industrial Relations 8.Safety And Health Workplace 9.Building Capabilities And Organization Learning 10.Effective Hr Management Systems etc

KRA 1 -Recruitment/ Selection

KPA 1- Recruitment KPI= average time taken for recruitment per employee = 2 months

KPA 2 -Selection KPI = average cost per new employee

KRA 2- Performance Management

KPA 1 - Performance Appraisals KPI = all staff to be appraised at least once annually

KPA 2 - Succession Planning KPI = 8 Potential staff to be identified and talent managed

KRA 7 - SAFETY AND HEALTH WORKPLACE

KPA 1 - SAFETY [ KPI = accident safety ratings, benchmark with industry]

KPA 2 - HEALTH [ KPI = actual health expenditure vs budget ]

THIS IS HOW WE DO FOR EACH DEPARTMENT.

BALANCE SCORE CARD : The Balanced Scorecard provides organizations with the ability to clarify vision and strategy and translate them into action. By focusing on future potential success it becomes a dynamic management system that is able to reinforce, implement and drive corporate strategy forward.It provides feedback around both the internal business processes and external outcomes in order to continuously improve strategic performance and results.

Balance score card looks at an organization in 4 different perspectives.

1. Financial perspective -- return on investment, shareholder value

2. Customer perspective --- customer satisfaction, our corporate image?

3. Process perspective --- in what processes should we excel to succeed?

4. Innovation perspective --- how will we go on from lessons learned and sustain our ability to change and improve?

The bottom level being the financial perspective and the top most would be the learning and growth (Innovation). Each perspective is given a measure . Not more than 22% of your measures should be financial, about 23-25% should be customer oriented, approx. 28-30% should be covering the processes perspective and 23-25% should cover innovation. We also mention our objectives, Measures, Targets and Initiatives.

As Sai Mention, 360 degree feedback is also another tool for performance appraisal.A 360 evaluation focuses on subjective areas such as teamwork, character, and leadership effectiveness and does not focus much on job requirement. Since it is more behavioral oriented we don't 100% rely only on 360 degree feedback.

I hope I have answered your question, to the best of my knowledge.

Regards,

Kiruthika

From India, Salai
sureshkumar.sahu53@gmail.com
Dear sir, I am suresh kumar sahu.i am a fresher. I have done pg in i.r & p.m. plz give me the interview questions and answers to related my course. Thank you sir, Regards, Suresh
From India, Mumbai
gobarchand

Hi,
Its really awesome information shared by Kirthika, & I would like to add few more points in previous mentioned PMS.
Nowadays KPI is accompanied with "Competencies" to save our time & cost (to be consumed during Training need Identifications, Succession planning & development of individual) as well as measurement of our goals accessibility.
Even modern HR practices focus on Competency based recruitments so that every sorts of HR activity is inter-linked altogether.
Let me explain :
Every job is required a set of competencies to achieve our goal & hence mission & vision of organizations, so during a job analysis a position has been assigned certain
competencies. these competencies would be rated with KPI during performance appraisal so as to find out the task accomplishment along -with personal development.
The objective of Competency based Performance appraisal is " Mutual benefits & growth of an individual as well as an organization" \
Rgds,
Manish Gupta
HR- Professional
Lucknow

From India, Ghaziabad
viveknarula4843

hi,
the list of performance management tools are below , while there are new tools in the market as well.
1.Ranking
2.Paired Comparison
3.Forced Distribution
4.Confidential Report
4.Essay Evaluation
5.Critical Incident
6.Checklists
7.Graphic Rating Scale
8.BARS
9.Forced Choice Method
10.MBO
11.Field Review Technique
12.Performance Test
13. 360'
thanks .

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.