abhiishere_605277
Recently I applied for renewal of WC policy of my unit. My consultant told me that we do have to take wc policy for all the employees. we have exclude the employees having salary less than 8000Rs gross per month.
For better understanding - we do not have a general mediclaim policy at the site fro all the employees and also we do not fall under ESIC Coverage.
I have searched a lot for such clause in WC Act but could not find anything like this any where. I my 5 Yrs career, first time some has told me for such clause in WC act.
Please let me if there is any such clause in WC act. My site is situated in Gujarat and in SEZ

From India, Ahmadabad
akhilesh dubey

Hii Abhii,
Though you dont have any Mediclaim and also ESIC is not applicable, you have to take the WC policy for all the workers, though calculations will be different for wages above 7,000.
below is the calculation:
Upto 48000 Gross Per Annum , WC = 118 PA
If Gross > 48000PA , then WC = (actual gross - 48000)*0.12%)+118 PA
In your case Gross PA is 84000PA per employee.. so WC will be calculated accordingly
to support the argument, i am attaching a quotation of a insurance company for Workers Compensation Policy. FYI: Salaries/Wages above 8,000 per month are in red font in it.

From India, Indore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc wc premium.doc (47.0 KB, 289 views)

akhilesh dubey

State government has the right to change certain provisions, so I am not sure about gujrat, and It is also not applicable in Daman & Diu, is your site in Daman?
From India, Indore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.