No Tags Found!

bandana.bbsr
Dear members, I want to know what is the current Gratuity limit or ceiling.Is Gratuity limit has been raised from 3.5 lakh to 10 lakh?
From India, Bhubaneswar
kuldeeprawat21

Hi Gratuity limit has been raised from 3.5 lakh to 10 lakh.....
From India, New Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Payment%2520of%2520Gratuity%2520Amendment%2520Bill%25202010%5B1%5D.pdf (78.6 KB, 961 views)

malay.kumar1

Dear Bandana.Bbsr
The Labour Ministry in its pre-Budget consultation with the Finance Ministry had proposed to raise the Income Tax exemption limit for gratuity funds up to Rs 10 lakh for both government as well as private employees. The Sixth Pay Commission in its report had recommended hiking the ceiling of Rs 3.5 lakh on gratuity funds to Rs 10 lakh for government employees.

From India, Ranchi
seena741

dear all. i have heard that the gratuity is now to be paid for 30 days instead of 15 days which was previously paid it seems this was amended in the year 2012 kindly let me know.
From India, Bangalore
ccbenzzz

Gratuity amendment to Rs 10 lac and 30 days payment - both are proposed Bills. Not yet passed or notified by the govt.
From India, Virar
umakanthan53

The maximum amount of gratuity has been raised from Rs 3.5 lakh to Rs 10 lakh w.e.f 24-05-2010.
From India, Salem
korgaonkar k a

I will appreciate if the members of the forum before responding any thing confirm the fact with evidence.
Kuldeep ji has posted the evidence of Gratuity 10 lac amendment but still some members say with confidence that it is still a bill.
Both the questions, gratuity 10 lac amendment and gratuity 30 days bill, are answered earlier in many threads. No doubt should be there in the minds of any body.
My intention is not to hurt any one. We have so many experts with but they do not participate in any discussion since they feel their views are disregarded. This is the feed back to me by few members.
My humble request to members not to take it other way round.

From India, Mumbai
umakanthan53

Mr korgaonker,
I am not able to get to u. Do u meant to say that the ceiling of gratuity has been raised to Rs10 lakh is not correct or the number of days to be taken into a/c raised from 15 to 30 days is correct. clarify pl;

From India, Salem
korgaonkar k a

Dear Umakanthan ji,
I appreciated the reply of Kuldeep ji. I also appreciated the reply by you. I fully endorse you both.
My concern is when Kuldeep ji gave the notification of amendment, there remain no question of it that it is still a proposal. Some one said it after the posting by Kuldeep ji, which forced me respond.
Gratuity for 30 days is a private bill.
Both the issues are discussed in this forum earlier many times.
Hope I have made it clear now.
With due respect to you, Sir.

From India, Mumbai
korgaonkar k a

Dear Umakanthan ji,
Greetings of the day to you as well all the viewers.
Please find attached a PDF of private bill introduced in Rajya Sabha on 23.11.2012 by one of the members of Parliament, for your information and ready reference. Chances of passing this bill is nearly ZERO.
I appreciate your postings and expect that you will have more and more discussions in this forum which will be valuable, fruitful and guiding light to person like me.
Dear ccbenzzz,
You are correct in : 30 days payment is a proposed bill. This bill is a private bill. This is introduced by one of the members of Parliament and not by Government. Such kind of bill i.e. bill introduced not by Government is called 'Private Bill'
As regards to Gratuity amendment to Rs. 10 lac, the bill is passed and now there is a law. Please find attached a Gazette Notification to this effect, for your informatin and ready reference.

From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf POG PVT BILL_2012.pdf (67.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: pdf GN_POG AMENDMENT 2010_10L.pdf (729.6 KB, 33 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.