Anonymous

Why are Indian farmers committing suicide over their debts?
From India, Bhubaneswar
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg farmer suicide.jpg (51.2 KB, 141 views)

klepakshi1967@yahoo.com

Dear
For stopping the suicide cases the government to abolish the Micro finance companies who are charging more than 36% of rate of interest and not giving the proper guidance to the farmers. In India more than 1000 Micro finance companies are operating the illegal business one of the worst company is BASIX.
So when the companies are banned the % of suicide cases may reduce

From India, Hyderabad
sijish nambiar

Thanking you
Microfinance is one main reason
I hope,Distress in agriculture, compounded by the lack of water to save standing crops, resulted in the suicide of some farmers

The fact that most of them have to borrow from moneylenders at high rate of interest in order to cultivate crop tells us about the deeper crisis in agriculture where
one cannot even put in his own savings after doing agriculture for many years./ crop failure also a reason
pls share ur views

From India, Bhubaneswar
loginmiracle

Dear Sijish,

It's sad query like this coming from learned people like you. I hope you might know the specifics of Indian farmers, a fragmented holding, rain fed, uncertain rainfall, pests, unremunerative prices for the produces, exploited lot etc. You also know most of the Govt.schemes aimed at poor farmers are not reaching them, the deserved due to corruption, nepotism which are rampant in India. Lakhs of crores of Rs. allocated in Central and various state budgets eaten away enroute. Indian farmers are victims of all these. Finding nowhere to go for help, amidst crushing debts ??? suicides. Here I must mention, the proposed Direct to Eligibles' bank a/cs" of the Central Govt. really innovative, hope this will work for them. Crores live on the measly holding of one to two acres of undeveloped lands for their livelihood. If the crops fail, no return, no avenues for revenue, pushed to local vendors & lenders, exorbitant interest rates, not able to repay, perennial debts, nagging family & lendors what next ?

It happens even states like Tamilnadu where PDS rice is sold only @ Rs.2/kg. for some BPL families "no price rice". I don't thing in next even 200 years their lives will improve for better. God save them.

kumar.s.

From India, Bangalore
Jayantarmy
Dear All,

While talking about farmers we never go through the analysis of the actual problems of them or never any of the organisation tried to do so. Only talks and information but some should take this as practical project as there are many facts which are hidden within. Our current government policies is one of them , easy and raised economy for all is second reason and then irrigation & other support system to increase the agriculture lands is third reason least but not to say last is Manpower for particular Agriculture/farming is not sufficient. Few days before we almost have seen SATYAMEVA JAYATE where we seen about Organic farming ......and all the benefits of it but have we tried some more awareness within after that show? Basic question we only curious about the topic but never have come out with any project for above mentioned area's. And to be honest I must say that the cultural Farming is now no more to see, only we can expect the trading of the .............market committee's- where farmer are less gaining component for the price decided in retail markets. Again I must put one thing that with the time being people(Farmers) only expect for lean incentives or packages but don't do the union matrix for the solution over their problems at local level only. In Ahmednagar District one Grampchayat becomes the true village and as Idol for all, but how many Panchayat's or villages adopted the methods likewise. So friends being a farmer I appreciate that in this portal some one has taken the topic and surely say that I am having plenty of acres an agriculture land non cultivated since last 7 years but due to non availability of the Irrigation System .........Education and Literacy made us to think about other option to survive and I become the Administrative Officer first and now working in a corporate sector on a package ...........but surely wanna be there back to home to give the practical awareness by doing the farming ............Hope to get the opportunity as soon as .........................

Regards

Jayant

From India, Mumbai
sijish nambiar

Dear sir
tx for your views...
with regards
GWT- Agricultural Labour Research & Consultancy.
(also v help to supply agricultural Labours for farm, plantation&Dairy farm in Tamilnadu, Kerala, Bangalore).
SIJISH NAMBIAR(CEO)
NO 72, Murugan CompleX.
Nehruji Nagar
Dindigul
Tamilnadu
South India
/ .

From India, Bhubaneswar
anilse
All,
I would like to take an opportunity here to praise Mr.Sijish Nambiar who is doing great service for Agricultural industry (backbone of our country - India). He recently launched \'Agri Partner\' business. I joined with him three months back and started to get returns. This has made me (Software Engineer by profession) to look into agriculture and start some initiative in Agriculture. Due to his \'Agri Partner\' business, I am now able to employ 2 farmers for my farm land in Udupi.
There are 2 reason why I am happy!
1) I have benefited because, I am getting additional income.
2) I am employing 2 farmers and so they are able to have a good life.
I think Mr.Sijish Nambiar should advice Government of India on how to reach the government subsidy/schemes/agri loans to the poor and people who are REALLY in need.
Mr.Sijish Sir, Thank you so much for your initiative and May we all benefit from your schemes and ideas.
Thanks and Kind Regards,
Anil

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.