No Tags Found!

Shashi (HR)

Hi!!! Seniors
I need your help.Can somebody say what is the provision of fire under factories act or relevant act??? Is there any provision for fitting number of fire extinguisher per square mitre or no. of people?Or I can simply extend pipeline?????
I eagerly waiting for reply....
Thanks and regards
Shashi S. Jha

From India, Madras
jayaram.nag

Hii
Hope you are from AP..In AP,AP Fire services Act 1999 clearly defines the required fire fighting equipments in any factory or Building..It depends opon the area/Height/Hazard Frequency(High/Mid/Low),,This Act almost follows NBC(National Building Code) Guidelines..Different tables are available in NBC Guidelines..
Nagaraj

From Oman, Muscat
varghesemathew

Mr.Shashi, Pl see sec.38 and the state rules under it applicable to your state. Varghese Mathew 9961266966
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
asapumrao

Further to the advice by Sri Nagaraj and Sri Varghese, one has to consult the Insurance Company about the fire fighting equipment (be it fire hydrants, extinguishers etc.). Depending on the adequacy or not of the number, the Insurer will fix the premium to cover any fire accident related issues. Higher Managemnt to take a decision balancing the incidence of premium and the expenditure on the fire fighting equipment.
From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
deepak_dorik@jbfmail.com

Dear Shashi,
You refer section 38 of The Factories Act & related State Factories Rule . Attaching herewith the TAC guideline & also Fire Load calculation information.
Thanks & Regards
Deepak B Dorik

From India, Silvassa
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc fire load calculation.doc (43.0 KB, 3002 views)
File Type: doc firemanual 000.doc (1.79 MB, 1762 views)

loginmiracle

Diff.provisions would apply to diff. factories depending on nature of manufacture, business etc. If you would give your particulars appropriate stipulations could be provided. kumar.s.
From India, Bangalore
Shashi (HR)

Thanks Mr. Kumar.This is for rubber Industry and is located in west bengal...Can you please tell me to refer some sec of some acts????? Thanks and regards Shashi S. Jha
From India, Madras
loginmiracle

Dear Mr.Shashi.
I am not able to see precisely the WB Fire Safety norms for Rubber Industry. However it would suffice if you would follow BIS standards (thro' this link):
Indian Standard Code of Practice for Fire Safety of Chemical Industries (Part 1 - Rubber and Plastic) (IS : 11457 - 1985)- Buy online now at Jain Book Agency, Delhi based book store.
Also for your general updation the attached article by one Mr.Ramesh Babu could help. I would try to add some more shortly if you would need further.
kumar.s.

From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Fire_Audit.pdf (244.8 KB, 1286 views)
File Type: doc Hazardous chemicals regulations.doc (638.0 KB, 634 views)
File Type: doc Major fire in Kolkata rubber factory.doc (82.0 KB, 356 views)

saswatabanerjee

Hello
This is a common topic of arguments with our clients
Sec 38 of the factories act has the relevant sections for fire safety.
The state rules will have more details.
Our act and rules are old and out dated, but we need to follow them.
There is a requirement of number of fire buckets (filled with fine dry sand and others filled with water) required to be kept. The number of fire buckets per 100 sq m of factory building is specified. Further, some states have included provision for fire extinguishers in addition to or in place of fire buckets.
There is no provision in the rules for water sprinklers.
However, the rules provide for getting exemption / waiver from them from the factory inspector. So if you follow more stringent rules laid down under ISP norms, then you can get the factory inspector to approve it

From India, Mumbai
PrashantJagadale
dear Sir, can u pls. explain how to calculate fire load in tank having 2 meter radius and containing 196000 bulk liter flammable liquid.how to calculate floor area?
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.