No Tags Found!

KETZI VICTORIA

Hai Everybody,
I am selected in the chennai annauniversity for my PH.D...
Before im going for the PH.D interview i discussed with my guide and i selected a topic as " Impact of Training & Development on the behavioral indicators in the manufacturing sector". But, when i went for an interview the panel members felt that it was a very wide and vague topic and asked me to change the topic after the discussion with my guide,but still im selected for ph.d.
I would like to do my ph.d in the field of recruitment or in training & development.
So,Plz suggest some topics related to this field.
Also, i want to know can i select topics related to learning,persception,attitude etc . If so,plz suggest some topics in this area also....
Regards,
Ketzi.

From India, Trichy
nashbramhall

Dear Ketzi,
May we know your background? Have you done any literature survey to find out what others have done, how and why that way, and what gaps exist in that field to add new knowledge? If not, that is the first step. The panel is quite right in their view; I am rather surprised that your guide did not ask you to do what I have suggested and use the "Funnel Approach" to narrow the field. Please search CiteHr where there is lot of material on doing PhD.

From United Kingdom
KETZI VICTORIA

Thank u for the response Nashbramhall !
To be frank, i didnt do much literature survey on this topic. Since it is an initial interview, i told my guide only the field taht im interested. My guide gave me the title and helped me for interview dats it...
Reg,
Ketzi

From India, Trichy
nashbramhall

Dear Ketzi,
Please answer my other question about your background. I though that you had to pass NET to get enrolled for PhD and also that you have to submit a synopsis to be accepted. Obviously, I am wrong.

From United Kingdom
KETZI VICTORIA

Hai, There is no rule on annauniversity that i want tp pass NET exam and i ahve submitted the synopsis on the same topic and tthen only they called for interview.
From India, Trichy
nashbramhall

PLease may we know your background? Will you be doing PhD by distance mode or full-time? Can you please attach your present synopsis so that we can see what you have done?
From United Kingdom
KETZI VICTORIA

I want to do ph.d in Hr field and its is a part time mode since im working as a faculty for MBA. I will attach you the power point slides which i prepared for my interview and i presented the same on the interview also.
From India, Trichy
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt impact of T&D final.ppt (1.61 MB, 100 views)

tajsateesh

Hello Ketzi,
The PPT you attached doesn't say anything about YOUR background--like Simhan wanted to know in order to advise you for a suitable PhD Topic. Hope you realize the reason(s) why your background becomes relevant/important to even make a beginning in suggesting suitable topics. Suggest attach a brief synopsis or resume of your's.
Also, like Simhan mentioned, this issue was discussed many times in CiteHR earlier. You can use the RESEARCH facility @ the top of this page to do a search. Here's the Link for a broad-level search--pl go thru the threads discussed earlier & make your choice. This would enable you to narrow-down your focus for a suitable topic.
Topics for PhD
All the Best.
Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
nashbramhall

Dear Ketzi,
I have sent you a private mail. I could not attach any document to that. When I hear from you, I will send detailed comments. Kindly also see discussions at Have you measured the impact of any behavioural training program and what was your experience (irrespective of whether it worked or not)? | LinkedIn Answers | LinkedIn <link outdated-removed> The Effect of Training and Development on Employee Attitude as it Relates to Training and Work Proficiency and http://esa.un.org/techcoop/fellowshi...20FINAL%20.pdf
The above may trigger some ideas for you.

From United Kingdom
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.