No Tags Found!

alokinme

Hi Guys,
Thank you all for a warm response to my last post, "Ubuntu People".
Now I am sharing with you another interesting Article on Communication. This Article is recently Published by "Rediff Get Ahead" on 22nd November, 2012.
For those of you who do not want to download the artcile, the same is also available on our blog: Are you TALKING or COMMUNICATING? << Magic of Teams (Find Link in my Signature)
Do read and share your thoughts on this fascinating topic!

From India, New Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Talking OR Communicating.pdf (336.9 KB, 1649 views)

monicka
dear alok varma thanks a lot for this wonderful post .....its very interesting....very informative and very useful article...once again thanks for the same....keeping posting such a exclusive topic.
From India, Ahmadabad
V.Raghunathan

Hello Mr Alok Verma,
The article on Communication is good.
I am happy to note that you have made a reference to Stephen Covey.
He is one amongst the few who have included Listening as a part of Communication.
I am sure that any one who Listens well, would Communicate well.
Coming back to Stephen Covey, he lists the following as elements of Communication.
Speaking
Reading
Writing
Listening.
Invariably for most us, if we have to put a time pie chart covering the above
four elements, we would get varying percentages in the above order !
To be better Communicators we have to be better Listeners.
V.Raghunathan..................................... ....................... Navi Mumbai

From India
monicka
during the time when radio was in use people listened a lot..... that trend has gone due to modern technology where people listen and believe only when they visualize things ..... online chatting...all these spoiled the people from listening power......
From India, Ahmadabad
drukganu

Excellent article, a great communication.
Catching the attention throughout while reading, it did not give me a chance to think of other things.
A good doctor has to be a communicator that he listens to the patient before prescribing treatment. A good student has to be a good listener to absorb what a teacher/professor is teaching. Questions coming afterward only can be relevant & pertinent. Art of listening is indeed important but rare. This has been brought out subtly right at the start of the article.
Wonderful tips for communication
Thanks for sharing.

From India, Mumbai
monicka
thanks a lot raghunathan ...this is what exactly i want to say.....raghu you have a very good writing skill....i admire all your feed back ....the way you connect things really great......im very bad at it......i dont have reading habit ...i tried but could make ,it..,,,but still im trying .....i read in somebody 's profile try and fail but dont fail to try ....so i dont give up......
From India, Ahmadabad
drukganu

@ Monika

Your frankness in writing is commendable. You have good points. About reading, the writeup also needs to be catchy to keep one engaged in reading. Writeup is one thing and liking for the subject is another side of the coin. One can choose the write ups on subject one likes and reading becomes a pleasurable activity.

I wish to add that, through just putting your thought on this thread you put a number of things on recall. Catching the right vein of the reader is half success. The rest comes with developing the subject in the same rhythm.

With a good thought process that you have of correlation, your write ups have to come good for sure.

The "Radio" listening habit quoted by you made not only Raghunathan but me also nostalgic. There was a time when Radio was also a luxury. I have seen (in the interior) people gathering at friends house for listening to cricket match commentary or even Binaca Geet Maala on radio Ceylon.

Coming to Mumbai, "I saw the fishermen" using it effectively for warnings for the news on weather, cyclone warnings or during rainy days whether it were safe to enter the sea. That is connected to safety and so they would invest time to listen to the news.

That also brings us closer to the point that people listen (intently) when it is important to them and not to the story teller. Thus one of the major themes of good communication is to pack it in such a way that others would get compelled to listen to it. Companies do it in marketing their products successfully.

From India, Mumbai
rgs_mys

Dear Mr. Alok ,
Thanks for the wonderful article.Very useful and yes the whole idea of communication is to express & not impress .Simple language,clarity & brevity are the essence of communication which is visible in this article and everything is said... what needs to be said.
Warm Regards,
RGS

From India, Bangalore
raju1983

Hi, Amazing, Excellent, No word to express the feeling after read your information! I love to read more, your information about communication. Kasim
From India, Mumbai
V.Raghunathan

Hello Monicka,

You have expressed your positive thoughts nicely.

(That you fail but do not fail to try is a management lesson worth quoting)

The thoughts mentioned by you are all in some kind of bullet form.

With a bit more of efforts, you can give some shape to them.

We are all aware that more thoughts occur in a given time.

We say more, since we cannot translate them into sentences with a matching speed.

Even if you try to dictate to enable someone take a shorthand notes, thoughts will be faster.

Our anxiety to pour all our thoughts in one go results in a overlap of ideas.

The problem can be described as above, with most of us.

Let us see what we can do.

Some simple steps might help you and other colleagues.

1.0 Jot down all your thoughts.

2.0 Write very small sentences.

3.0 Be very keen to finish a sentence soon.

4.0 It can be preferably after the first verb has appeared.

5.0 Feel comfortable while writing small sentences correctly.

6.0 Later on attempt bigger sentences.

7.0 Throughout the process, maintain a stable mind.

8.0 Watch word is SLOW, SLOW nothing but SLOW.

9.0 You can later add adjectives, phrases etc to improve the style.

10.0 Repeat the above process, as per your convenience.

As a home work, you may try to expand the posting that you have made.

You will get a good draft as per your liking.

Wishing you good luck,

V.Raghunathan………………………………………………………………………………… Navi Mumbai

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ฎ

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.