kareena7

How to boost self esteem? There are many people who have low self esteem. Some good tips on boosting self esteem will be of great help.
From India, Bangalore
sunita meena

Self-esteem is your overall evaluation of how you feel about yourself. Do you like yourself? Are you happy with who you are? Do you feel confident about yourself? If you answered no to these questions, then your self-esteem needs a boost?

Start by making a list of all of your good qualities and your self-accomplishments, such as "I am a kind person" or "I am an honest person". Really examine yourself and be honest. You want to look at this list everyday, the morning is the best because this will start your day off on a positive note.

Steps To Take To Start Feeling Better About Yourself:

1. Everyone is their worst critic. You need to stop beating yourself up inside your head. If you make a mistake, learn from your mistake, forget it and move on. Do NOT call yourself stupid in your head, or any other names. Mistakes happen, get over it. Negative talking about yourself in your head is very damaging to your self-esteem and your self-confidence. There is always a positive out of a negative. Start turning your negative thoughts around to a positive thought.

2. Stop comparing yourself to others. You are you and you want to learn to love yourself as you are, not as another person. There are always going to be people who have more than you do, or look better than you do, but so what. Did you ever stop to think that they also may have their own share of insecurities? Stop wanting what others may have and start appreciating everything that you are and everything that you have.

3. Helping others will always make you feel good about yourself, whether it is just listening to a friend pore their heart out, or just giving a person a helping hand.

4. Start acting confident. Studies have shown that if you start acting like you're a confident person, even if you are not feeling very confident, eventually you start believing you are a confident person.

5. Being able to accept compliments from other people can be difficult when you have low self-esteem. For example, when someone tells you that you did a great job on a project at work, do not contradict them by saying that you could have done a better job. Stop doing that. All you have to do is simply say "thank you". Learn how to say thank you after you receive a compliment.

6. Take the time to always look your best. Think about how you feel about yourself when you have on a new outfit and you know that you are looking your best. Does your poster improve? Do you walk around with your head a little higher? Do you feel happier? If you answered yes to these questions, try to accomplish this everyday when you leave your house.

7. People who walk around with a smile make other people smile. Have you tried this? I don't mean walking around with this silly ass grin on your face, but just a curve of the lips. Watch how people respond to you. They in turn will return your smile. Plus smiling makes people feel happy inside.

8. Being able to accept criticism without lowering your self-esteem is very important. If you are learning a new job and you do something wrong you can bet you are going to hear about it. When your co-worker or boss corrects you, then absorb the correct way to do it and move on. Some people like to criticize other people just to make themselves feel better. What does that tell you about them? Could it be that they also have issues with their self-esteem? Turn the criticism around to make a positive out of it.

Kids badly suffer from the low self esteem sharing with you the article on Kids Self Esteem

How Kids Get Self-Esteem

Babies don't see themselves in a good or bad way. They don't think "I'm great!" when they let out a big burp or worry "Oh, no, this diaper makes my legs look weird!" Instead, people around a baby help him or her develop self-esteem. How? By encouraging the baby when he or she learns to crawl, walk, or talk. They often say, "Good job. Good for you!" Or, they might just smile and look proud. When people take good care of a baby, that also helps him or her feel loved and valuable.

As kids get older, they can have a bigger role in developing their own self-esteem. Working hard to finish a project or assignment, getting a higher grade on a math test, or trying out for a new sport are all things kids can be proud of for trying. Some kids are not very athletic, but they might be good readers or know how to do magic tricks or are really good friends or help other people out — these are all accomplishments that help kids feel good about themselves.

A kid's family and other people in his or her life — like coaches, teachers, and classmates — also can boost self-esteem. They can help a kid figure out how to do things or notice his or her good qualities. They can believe in the kid and encourage him or her to try again when something doesn't go right the first time. It's all part of kids learning to see themselves in a positive way, to feel proud of what they've done, and to be confident that there's a lot more they can do.

A Little on Low Self-Esteem

Maybe you know kids with low self-esteem who don't think very highly of themselves or seem to criticize themselves too much. This can also be called negative self-esteem, and it's the opposite of positive self-esteem. Maybe you have low self-esteem sometimes and don't always feel very good about yourself or think you're important.

Sometimes a kid will have low self-esteem if his mother or father doesn't encourage him enough or if there is a lot of yelling at home. Other times, a kid's self-esteem can be hurt in the classroom. A teacher or other kids might make a kid feel like he or she isn't smart, or maybe there are mean kids who say hurtful things about the way a kid looks or acts.

For some kids, classes at school can seem so hard that they can't keep up or get the grades they'd hoped for. This can make them feel bad about themselves and hurt their self-esteem. When some kids do well and win prizes and awards, other kids might feel like they’re not as good or there's something wrong with them.

Some kids have positive self-esteem but then something happens in their lives to change that. For example:

If a kid moves and doesn't make friends right away at the new school, he or she might start to feel bad and think they are not a good friend.

Kids whose parents divorce might find that this can affect self-esteem. They may feel bad when a parent can't give them attention or come to their game, or they might feel that if they had behaved better or kept their room clean, their parents would not have split up.

Kids who look different from other kids may not feel good about themselves because they feel "different" or someone makes fun of them.

A kid who's dealing with an illness, such as cancer, diabetes, or asthma, might feel different and less confident than before.

Kids who have learning differences or know they have trouble reading a book report aloud might start losing confidence and focus too much on things they're not good at.

Even going through the body changes of puberty — something that everybody does — can affect a kid's self-esteem.

From India, Indore
learningnovo

Hi, Please refer to this presentation... It is from the series '10 Simple Ways to'.
From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf 10 SIMPLE WAYS TO POSITIVE SELF IMAGE.pdf (480.3 KB, 1693 views)

saiconsult

Sunita has indeed written a hand book on self-esteem giving vital tips and Atul's presentation is very useful. I have nothing much to add except that a person should realise that self-esteem is one that is earned by himself by the dint of his own hard work but not gifted to him by any one.Therefore it cannot be taken away by any one else by hurt or inappropriate criticism. This awareness insulates a person from remarks of hurt humiliation and insult as it is not possible always to be surrounded by right people. Also read as many books as possible that empower your self-esteem.
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour Law advisor
Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
kbms_HR

Excellent! I am very happy to read this. Really fantastic and superb. I have copied and saved the same in my interesting articles folder. Thank you very much. KBM.Srinivas. Manager - IR L&T Ltd.,
From India, Rajamahendri
@diti

sunita its really good things you are included in that for increasing the self esteem of the people
From India, Delhi
vkseil51

Excellent! I am very pleased to read this. It’s really superb. I have saved these in my interesting articles folder. Thanks & Regards Virender Sawhney
From India, Delhi
V.Raghunathan

Hello Kareena,
Mr Atul has made a very good contribution.
It is also time to go back to the basics and academics.
Please find the views of one of the poneers of modern motivation theories in the attachment.
Hope you would lie it and get benefitted by it and so also our Cite HR colleagues.
V.Raghunathan..................................... ............ Navi Mumbai.

From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Maslow and Self Esteem.pdf (33.4 KB, 482 views)

V.Raghunathan

Hello Kareena,
Mr Atul has made a very good contribution.
It is also time to go back to the basics and academics.
Please find the views of one of the pioneers of modern
motivation theories in the attachment.
Hope you would like it and get benefitted by it and so also our Cite HR colleagues.
V.Raghunathan..................................... ............ Navi Mumbai.

From India
sher7ali

Dear sunita
After a long time I come across such a nice article. Your article compelled me to think again into my self esteem, and I am going to improve it furthure.
Thanks a lot for sharing such an informative and helpful article.
Sher

From Pakistan, Karachi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.