No Tags Found!

premahr

Dear seniors,
We have 9 branches in India, every year I prepare holiday list branch wise and circulate; we give totally 10 holidays in a year. This time my CEO has asked to create a list of 10 additional holidays and create 2 flexi holidays from this list. How can I do this? Could anybody help on the same, share some datas, policies?
Thanks in Advance
Prema

From India, Madras
Pragnaa HR Compliance Services

Hi,
Yes, this can be possible.
Apart from the compulsory National Holidays and other Festival holidays, create a list of 10 additional holidays in the heading under "discretionary holidays (DH)" and allow employee to choose any two from the list.

From India, Chennai
jeevarathnam

Hi Prema
You should list of mandatory national holidays and select the festival holidays.
As the list is limited to 10 you should choose cleverly. More over you have 9 branches. I those are in different states then there may be few more compulsory holidays in that state. for example in Karanaka Kannada Rajorchava on 1st Nov is mandate holiday.

From India, Bangalore
jeevarathnam

HI Prema Are you looking format for Holiday list? Its quite simple. Sl. No, Date, Day & Description. There is no any standard format fol list of holidays.
From India, Bangalore
premahr

ok fine,
Please find attached the holiday list 2012.
so how do I create a policy for the same? how do i explain employees regarding choosing the flexi holiday? Usually we have 10 holidays, since we are introducing the flexi holiday, should employee will be entitled for 12 days or in 10 days itself i have to ask employees to select?

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls Holiday List 2012.xls (47.5 KB, 494 views)

Hi,
Please find attached format which is required under the Tamil Nadu Industrial establishment National & Festival Holidays Act.
You can write down in the remarks to choose the optional holidays from the list.

From India, Chennai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Form - V, format.doc (54.0 KB, 1497 views)

Hi,
You are welcome.
Please be informed that it is mandatory you have to take "Holidays Approval in Form III" from the concerned Labour Authority if there are any changes in the Festival Holidays approval you obtained earlier.
You can write to us if any further clarifications required.
E-mail:

From India, Chennai
mrfsuresh

Dear Friend,
One Suggestion in connection with the R/H listing :
1) Please add Family Function - 1 Day.
2) Please add Birthday/Wedding Day - Self / Child etc.
so that the employee will prefer mostly to avail this as such the no. of people on leave on a particular day can be easily managed as well facility extended with flexibility. After all this is a WELFARE benefit.
Plan this.
Regards,
Suresh K
Mobile : 98401 18200.

From India, Chennai
viv_chandra

you may also refer to the practice followed in the govt organizations where flexible holidays are termed as restricted holidays and generally 2 RH are allowed from a very long laundry list of restricted holidays. List for 2013 may be accessed at the following site:
persmindotnicdotin (i am not able to paste link)
However based on my experience i would suggest to allow 2 flexi holidays as per the discretion of the employee for any day, this would be easier to manage than issuing two list (holidays and flexi holidays) or maintaining data base of birthdays of employee's family members/anniverseries etc.
thanks

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.