No Tags Found!

pca

Dear friends,
I would like to share important judgement given by Supreme Court on 13.4.2009. Court has held that it is fundamental right of every child to get education free from fear of security and safety. Court has given detailed guidelines and ordered that all government and private schools in the country must follow safety measures prescribed by National Building Code of India 2005. Court also directed that all existing schools must provide fire extinguishing equipments within 6 months.
Are all schools following the court order today in right spirit?
Thanks

From India, Malappuram
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf SC order on safety of schools 13.4.2009.pdf (189.7 KB, 1785 views)

boss2966

Thank you Mr. Agrawal for sharing such useful judgement copy with our members. But still there are some doubts in our minds.
Whether all the schools implemented the safety and fire norms available in the Court Order
Whether the schools formed the Fire Safety Committee.
Whether the inspection conducted by the Government Officials are really being carried out without any involvement of corruption or without any compromise in the safety norms which is required to be adopted in the schools.
Whether the Fire safety committee can handle any incidents/accidents without much panic. Will the committee members and volunteers have adequate fire safety training / drills. If so, are they getting refreshed with regular and periodical training.
The questions in our mind can be replied only by the almighty, in whose hand our children are going for schools.

From India, Kumbakonam
korgaonkar k a

Thank you Shri. Agrawal ji for sharing such a useful judgement copy.
On implementation of any law / case law, my questions:
i. are all laws / case laws implemented by the industry?
ii. are our law enforcement authorities aware of the laws / case laws, changes or amendments in laws?
Our law enforcement authorities know only GANDHI BAPU!
It is tragedy of our nation!
Thanks and regards.
Keshav Korgaonkar

From India, Mumbai
manishanand83

Dear Mr.Agarwal

Thanks for posting such very informative information to us.

@ Bhaskar

I am totally agreed with you, I would like to share my personal experience, Approximately one year back I had visited one reputed school in delhi, and I saw the school having fire hydrant systems, but when I checked with some staffs, regarding use of fire fighting systems or use of fire extinguisher in case of emergency.

They simply replied, we don't know, how to use these equipments. When I asked about the emergency evacuation plan, they tolds me, everywhere we had posted the emergency route.

Then I asked had you conducted any mock drill, e.g, fire, electrocution etc.

Some person replied they never heared about the word "mock drill".

This is the actual picture of our indian school. Then you can think about the condition of govt. school or colleges in india.

The govt. should take some strict action, if any school or colleges found guilty.

It's only my personal experience and personal view.

Thanks & Regards.

From India, Mumbai
boss2966

Dear Manish

As a matter of fact we need not to bother much, because the Government schools are having single floor or maximum Ground & First Floor only. They are having plenty of open space in case of any fire accident or even the building collapse, the victims will be very minimal.

These are mainly required for the private schools who are not having any play ground and open space. They are running in a single multistorey building and the terrace will be the play ground for the school, which is highly dangerous.

As the schools are normally run by some influenced persons and their charges are very high in which normal people cannot even approach for any complaints against them.

Before 30 years in schools there will be 2 evening periods on 2 days weekly PT will be conducted and 2 period for drawing and 2 period for moral studies, in which the students used to get more involvement and relaxation. But these periods also nowadays started giving tension to the children studying in school.

Without mental involvement of the students and teachers do you think it is possible to create awareness about the safety and fire fighting.

From India, Kumbakonam
raghuvaran chakkaravarthy

Dear bhaskar,
I agree with your Comment Mr.Bhaskar. Do you think how many of our schools/ colleges getting this judgment??? Then how many of our parents going to ask such kind of facilities available in schools/colleges prior to get admission??? First of all how many of our school/college staff’s and parents aware such kind of judgment??
Yesterday I had chat with one of my professor Mr.Senthil I asked about this judgment he is not aware of this. I asked to my dad he is aware of this.
Problem is our government and educated peoples. Government failed to implement such kind of judgments. Educated people failed to raise or asking the question to concerned parties because they don’t have time and they think it’s not our job and its totally waste of time. I don’t know when such kind of things will change in country.

From United States, Fpo
boss2966

Dear Raghu
I have already done my part of job. I have disseminated the copy of this SC Judgement to all my contacts who does not have access to CiteHR.
Like this our members have to act smartly and hand over a copy to the schools of their wards in which they study.
What the Government have failed, let us try to accomplish from our level and educate the nearby schools. It is our duty to disseminate the copy, but it is upto to school, whether to follow or not.

From India, Kumbakonam
raghuvaran chakkaravarthy

Dear Bhaskar,
Wow nice to hear that. From myside Already i spoke to my school principal regarding this then he propabally given a date on last week on august I'll use the date will explain everything to our school staffs conduct a meeting and will help them to make in complaince as much as i can. surely once we implemented in our school it will spread to others as well if others will asked me to help them surely will help them as much as i can. To stay in complaince.

From United States, Fpo
dipil

Dear PCA Thanks for sharing the updates with us... If anyone having the following please share: 1. School Safety Manual 2. Specific Checklist Covering all the Fire & Safety requirements of Schools
From India
manishanand83

Dear Mr.Bhaskar, Such a wonderful job done by you. And I am assuring you I am also distribute the SC judgement copy among our friends, relatives to create awarness. Thanks a lot again........
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.