akhlakj

PF limit on salary upto 6500/ n which section or rule of Provident Fund Act.
From India, Dhule
essykkr

Please see the definition of Exculded Employee.
Proviso to Para 26A(2) clearly provide that the amount of contribution shall be restricted to Rs 6500/- only.
(2) Every member employed as an employee other than an excluded employee, in a factory or other establishment to which this Scheme applies shall contribute to the Fund, and the contribution shall be payable to the Fund in respect of him by the employer. Such contribution shall be in accordance with the rate specified in paragraph 29:
Provided that subject to the provisions contained in sub-paragraph (6) of paragraph 26 and in sub-paragraph (1) of paragraph 27, or sub-paragraph (1) of paragraph 27A, where the monthly pay of such a member exceeds 20[six thousand and five hundred rupees] the contribution payable by him, and in respect of him by the employer, shall be limited to the amounts payable on a monthly pay of 20[six thousand and five hundred rupees] including 21[dearness allowance, retaining allowance (if any) and cash value of food concession.]]

Anonymous

Find attached File of Act for PF Limit of Rs. 6500
From India, Surat
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf PF Limit 6500 Act Note.pdf (381.7 KB, 5311 views)

vimalkrbharti
Tell us self study book for sale tax and return fill of sale tax , tds and service tax, esi, pf detail with regards vimal bharti 9716376427
From India, Delhi
gopalaskrishnan@yahoo.com

my company wrongly treated my gross salary as pf wages and deduct 12% from the gross ie 20000 and deduct 12% for 20000 is 2400, now can we change the pf wages to 6500 and pf 12% i.e. 780? is it possible? Please let me know.
From India, Coimbatore
Sukumar Ezakiel
Greeting from Sukumar Ezakiel, As I newly take HR as my career, Please tell me how to create employees profile in to Grade System, and what will be the advantages and is there any dis advantages. Kindly teach me how to do the same
Regards,
Sukumar Ezakiel.

From India, Coimbatore
Nirav Gandhi

Dear Gopalkrishnan, ps mention ur salary stracture then we can decide ur excatly pf to b deduct from salary
From India, Mumbai
Bhakti3m

Hello Sir,
As per EPF Act - 2012 EPF Salary limit is Rs. 6500/-.
For e.g. Basic + DA = 12% PF
If Basic is Rs. 3562 + DA is Rs. 2912 = Salary is Rs. 6474/- so the EPF amount is Rs. 777/- (12% of 6474/-)
But if Basic is Rs. 3699 + Da is Rs. 3024 = Salary is Rs. 6723
What will be the PF amount deducted from salary Rs. 780/- (12% of 6500/-) As per Rule or Rs. 807/- (12% of 6723)

From India, BhiwandiBhiwandiBhiwandi
deenajag

Dear Bhakti,
The thumb rule for PF contribution is -
a) If employee basic +DA is less than 6500 - then employee has to mandatorily contribute 12% of basic +DA towards PF. Employer must contribute 12% of Basic +DA
b) If employee basic+da is more than Rs6500/- then - employee can choose to contribute either Rs.780/- or 12% of basic +da towards PF. Employer neednot contribute more than Rs.780/- (plus 1.61% of admin, edli) (There is a process to be followed for this, which I can describe in details if you wish)
Therefore as per your eg: -
- if Basic is Rs. 3699 + Da is Rs. 3024 = Salary is Rs. 6723 - depends on the employee - if the individual wants they can opt for limiting it to Rs.780/- ; alternately if the wish they can continue with full 12% i.e. Rs.807/-
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Deena Jagasia

From India, Mumbai
radha1973
Can any one help us to arrive the contract labour wages pf liablity. if i engaged any contract labour and paying minimum wages. on what ground the pf and esi libility will arrive. for example i am paying daily wages of Rs.250/- for 26 days, what is the pf liability and esi libility?
From India, Chennai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.