No Tags Found!

chayanikaAcharya
Hi,

My name is Chayanika Acharya, working at PHI Creative Solutions Pvt. Ltd, located at Mulund (West). I am working as a copywriter in this company since 16th May 2011. Last month (12th March, 2012) I resigned from PHI as I was through in Accenture. They accepted my resignation after three days over mail and declared 11th April as my last day of working. However, the email that I received from my HR manager was too much casual i.e., with just his first name (Milind Pradhanani) without his designation.

Upon resigning I was asked to serve 30 days of notice period which ends on 11th April 2012. And in the offer letter it is written that for Smooth Separation 30 days of notice period is necessary.

On 5th of April 2012, I requested my HR manager to issue my relieving letter on my last day of working as it is a vital document that needs to be submitted at Accenture on my joining day. On 6th April 2012, my HR manager replied over mail that I am not eligible to get a relieving letter since i have not completed 1 year in PHI Creative Solutions Pvt Ltd.

However, there was no contract signed between me and PHI, which makes me ineligible to get a relieving letter. Nor was i ever informed (either via mail, official notice, official circular, or orally, or any other communication medium) about such a company policy which mandates 1 year of service as an eligibility criteria for Reliving Letter. Furthermore, during my resignation, HR didn't inform me about the policy. Had I been informed then, I could have delayed my appointment to Accenture, since on 11th April 2012 i shall complete 11 months with PHI.

Their new policy , when created and came to effect I dont know, has made me jobless. Moreover, their casual resignation acceptance (without signature/profile name or designation) has made the acceptance letter informal for Accenture to accept.

I have attached the soft copy of my offer letter for everyone in this forum to go through. Please let me know how can I bring a solution to this case and guide me till I get justice.

From India, Thana
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc PHI Story.doc (1.82 MB, 70 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.