skhota

Ref:https://www.citehr.com/353434-new-pf-wages-2.html
Dear friends,
Please enlighten me if there is any liability/responsibility of Principal Employer under the EPF&MP Act in following situations:
1.A contractor engaged in the P.E.'s Factory/Mines premises has obtained separate PF Code for his contract estblishment and fails to deposit PF contributions(both employees' & employer's ) for certain months and there after absconds from the work site.
2.A contractor having less than 20 employees does not cover it's employees under EPF&MP Act by obtaining separate PF Code.
With regards,
S.K.Hota

From India, Calcutta
p_xavierraj

The responsibility of statutory payment by the principal employer if any one not contributed the principal employer will pay the contribution and they can deduct from the respective contractor bills.
P. Xavier Raj

From India, Pondicherry
AMane
Dear Mr. Xavier,
1. kindly help if there is any liability/ responsibility for statutory compliance in case of a subcontractor (working under us) employed by the contractor (us). As our clients have been asking for PF details of our subcontractor as well.
2. Also I would like to understand what is Provident Fund Recovery statement.
Kindly help me to clarify the above.
Thanking in advance.

From India, Mumbai
p_xavierraj

I already informed to you. The principal employer is the total responsibilities of statutory payment. If there is any undue or any payment not paid at the time of inspection the statutory authorities recovered the due from the Principal Employer.
I am understand your second question.
P. Xavier Raj

From India, Pondicherry
AMane
Dear Mr. Xavier,
Thank you for your reply.
my second question is related to PF recovery statement, one of our clients has asked to fill in an annexure (attached). We have been providing all statutory details to our clients on regular monthly basis. However they have asked to provide details as per this format too.
Kindly let me know about this annexure as well.
Thank you in advance.

From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf ANNEXTURE 2.pdf (306.4 KB, 219 views)

p_xavierraj

I think your client is required the consolidated PF contribution statement for contractors . I don't know whether you are remitted or not . If you have details you may discussed with your management and forward.
P. Xavier Raj

From India, Pondicherry
AMane
we do maintain a PF register which captures all the data mentioned in the annexure & have been providing the same on monthly basis to the client. Although we are providing the PF register & challans on monthly basis they have asked to provide & fill up another annexure.
From India, Mumbai
p_xavierraj

It is additional job for you apart from the regular . I will give the small suggestion for you further report you may highlighted the contract workers in the statement therefore they can easily identified the highlighted name is under the contract roll. According their requirement all the details available in your statement further formulation they can do directly from their side.
OK
P. Xavier Raj

From India, Pondicherry
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.