No Tags Found!

alhusseini

Dear All,

Business process reengineering is the redesign of business processes and the associated systems and organizational structures to achieve a dramatic improvement in business performance. The business reasons for making such changes could include poor financial performance, external competition, erosion of market share or emerging market opportunities. BPR is not - downsizing, restructuring, reorganization, automation, new technology, etc.

It is the examination and change of five components of the business:

Strategy

Processes

Technology

Organization

Culture

Michael Hammer defines business process reengineering in his book Reengineering the Corporation as:

Hammer focuses on one of the key concepts of BPR, that it is fundamental and radical.

The alternative business improvement methodology is Continuous Process Improvement, which emphasizes small and measurable refinements to an organization's current processes and systems.

Continuous process improvement has its origins in total quality management (TQM) and Six Sigma, a program that began at Motorola.

BPR, as a term and as a practice, has a tarnished history.

Reengineering became very popular in the early 1990s, however, the methodology and approach was not fully understood nor appreciated.

Many times, improvement projects labeled with the title "BPR" were poorly planned and executed.

Employees and organizations cringed at the thought of another "BPR" experience. The term itself is being used less, or is being altered so that these types of initiatives are not associated with the "BPR" of the past.

Despite this abuse of the practice and tarnished name, the practice of redesigning business processes and the associated technology and organizational structure is more popular today than ever.

Companies continue to reexamine and fundamentally change the way they do business.

Competitive pressures and a sluggish economy provide the impetus for continued efforts to "deliver more with less."

Reengineering remains an effective tool for organizations striving to operate as effectively and efficiently as possible

Attached is a simple presentation on the subject.

My Best Regards to all

Dr. Al Husseini

Amman

Jordan

From Jordan
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt organisational_redesign4_160.ppt (209.0 KB, 1477 views)
File Type: ppt organisational_redesign4_160.ppt (209.0 KB, 574 views)

sash_angel
Hello Seniors,
I am trying to create a tutorial on BPR for which i need a real case study. A case study that shows how a process was redesigned. Can anyone give me this resource?
Please note that i do not want "how to" knowledge inputs but a "How was it done" example.
Leo Lingham Sir, Can you help?

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.