No Tags Found!

sanjeevi.sekar@yahoo.com

I am doing manpower planning for a department.i had read articles, books & understood the theoretical approach to do. but i face problem in practically applying it.
suggest some practical ways for planning the manpower.

From India, Madras
greatsiddharth

Hi, That’s very true again it depends on what type of Manpower your organization is looking at.
From India, Mumbai
shakeelahmedkhan

Dear Sanjeevi,
Its very simple, set up a meeting with department heads or line manager and discuss their requirements in details such as: Position/Designation, Job Details, Qualification, Grades, Time Limit, Temporary or Permanent and Salary ect... ect.
Hope this will help you to take initiative.
Wishing you all the Luck.
Best Regards,
Shakeel

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
saiseven

Dear Sanjeevi
1) You can adopt function wise analysis to know as to how much man power each function requires. For example, finance, marketing,maitenance or packaging.
2)Then conduct role wise analysis in each function to know how many roles are required to perform each function.. A function is carried through different roles like Finance Manager, finnace officer, finance executive and accounts clerk/Assistant.
3) Then ascertain the gap between how many are required and how many are presently mannnig the roles.
4) Then add to it, the number of employees likely to retire in a year.
5) Then add to it the additional manpower role wise and function wise, that is required in view of any business expansuion plans and over which time they are required.
6) Take into account any modernisation plans which are likely to reduce manual processes.
These are broad guide lines that can help in manpower planning.
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour Law Advisor
Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
D.GURUMURTHY

Dear Sir,
For Man power planning. You have to do time motion study on the job. Then you will be
knowing actual manpower requirement to each section. or you have to get from production
Dept.
Then you have to plan for manpower accordingly.
D.Gurumurthy
HR/IR Consultant

From India, Hyderabad
Singh.Shweta

Hello Seniors,
All the suggestions are quite relevent,even I do want to know about the complete processes of man power planning.
So,requesting to all members,could you pls give some more suggestions on this particular topic.
Waitng for the replies.:-):-)
Regards,
Shweta Singh

From India, Hyderabad
bunti

dear it depends upon which level u faces .Become a labour to understand labour issue metanlity,thougts,needs .
From India, Velluru
sanjeevi.sekar@yahoo.com

thanks for all your inputs!
Mr.Sai kumar & Shakeel,i do agree meeting the departmental heads & analysing the manpower will make job done.
but is that the rightway. because i have a feeling that "will the HOD mind increasing the cost of unnecessary manpower or not"
thanks
S.Sanjeevi

From India, Madras
shakeelahmedkhan

Dear Sanjeevi,
Every department has their own budget and the professional department heads do not cross their budget as at the of the day they have to show their profits and contributions to the management.
Thanks
Shakeel

From Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
saiseven

Dear sanjeevi
Manpower planning does not mean mere increasing manpower but also planning as to how to deploy the existing manpower to secure otimimu utilisation of the resources so that it may reduce the need to recruit more manpower. It means you need to plan as to how the existing skills be put to optimum use and how to dispense with redundant jobs etc. By this you can control the cost on recruiting manpower.
B.Saikumar
HR & Labour Law Advisor
Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.