No Tags Found!

natasha laha
Dear Friend,
My company did not paid salaries to its employees for full one year because of some financial troubles. I cooperated and worked without salary for around 14 months. They also did not deposit PF.
Now, the company is doing our settlement and paying salary for only six months. They also want us to sign certain documents in which we will not be able to raise any claim afterwords and would bind us from not entering any litigation with company.
My question is : CAN I stake claim for extra dues after they give my settlement.
Company wants me to keep in loop and involved with certain company litigation matters with the Govt by making me sign certain documents, should I sign these documents. I will get my dues only after I sign certain documents like this.
I dont know what should I do ?

From India, Delhi
kamesh333

It is better to get the settlement if possible but don't sign any company litigation related documents because there shall be lot of legal issues for such type of companies. If it is required then obtain the opinion of a leading company lawyer from out side and sign failing which you have to face consequences.
If they are not ready to pay your dues better approach local labour department people but don't accept any legal responsibilities.
Regards - kamesh

From India, Hyderabad
malikjs

Dear i understand you should not indulge in litigations but in my view you should sign a papers of payment only whatever you are getting.you can claim 14 months wages under payment of wages act.
From India, Delhi
indrajeet2696

Dear Natasha, I have some doubts.... 1) I do not understand how any one can work without any payment for 14 months? 2) why you were silent form last 14 months?
From India, Dehra Dun
D.GURUMURTHY

Dear Sir,
You can sign any paper and take salary for 6 months.
Then you can claim the remaining 6 months salary saying that the management have taken your
signature by threatening as such ,you signed to receive the 6 months salary by saying to the
Labour Dept.Authorities.
D.Gurumurthy
HR/IR Consultant

From India, Hyderabad
Patrick Rohan Dantis
Dear Natasha, May i know which co. is this (name) ? where it is located ? so that we can caution others, & can avoid them applying a job there. with regards Patrick
From Qatar
Shyam Agrawal

I fully endorse the above views. Take whatever is offered and then fight for the remainder otherwise we do not know when the litigation would end.
From India, Pune
sarabjeet@
Don't sign any documents just go to the labour inceptor ant tell him all the matter and also request him for anonymity.
Definitely you will get a way out but don't you realise that how could it possible to do the job without pay.

From India, Jamnagar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.