No Tags Found!

mili_sinhara

Dear All, We are working on cost reduction. Kindly suggest. Regards, mili
From India, Vadodara
kamesh333

Until and unless we know your expenses pattern how we can suggest on cost reduction. Your can concentrate on manpower optimization, transport, telephone & Mobile, Travel, Stationery etc
Regards - kamesh

From India, Hyderabad
mili_sinhara

Dear Sir, We are automobile sector. We have already started working on manpower optimization, transport, telephone & Mobile, Travel, Stationery etc. mili
From India, Vadodara
Akhilmenachery
I would recommend you to have a look in to the Lean management concept. That's the best way one can reduce the organizational wastes. I would personally recommend to search for some Lean Management case studies from that you can understand how an organization implements Lean Management effectively in an organization.
Try 'HOTELHRM' website for Lean Management case study.
Thank you.

From India
saiseven

Sub- cost reduction

These are some ideas on cost reduction

1) Find out space management in your company-whether it was benevolently used, calling for unnecessary electrical cahrges on account of lighting and air conditioning and fans etc.

2) Find out whether any telephone connections are in excess

3) Stream line private calls made from company's telephone by staff.

4) If company is incurring any costs on OD activities, find out which of the activities are less effective or productive, weed them out.

5) Explore the possibility of organising staff birth day celebrations as a common function once in a month rather than celebrating each individual employee's birth day.

6) In this era of electronic communication, you can save lot of stationery. therefore purchase onlysuch stationery which is essential for their preservance in physical form like agreements/contracts.

7)Explore the possibility of pooling of cars for executives.

8) Ask the employees to switch off lights and fans whenever they leave their seats for lunch or leave their place of work. Similarly lights in wash room can be switched off when not in use.

B.Saikumar

HR & Labour Law consultant

Chipinbiz Consultancy. Pvt.Ltd

Mumbai

From India, Mumbai
pon1965

Further to Optimum utilisation, one member has aptly suggested to adopt Lean management. The lean management is nothing but
1. reduction of Non-Conformances
2. Waste elimination
3. Project Partneering or Alliancing with stake holders
4. Training
5. value mapping
6. Enforcement of HSE standards
7. Empowerment of front line supervisors
Pon

From India, Lucknow
ngurjar

Excellent posts there.
Mili, what exactly is the mandate for YOU?
What are the deliverables expected from you? Objectives? KPIs?
Let me know and maybe I could help you. To give you some background, I am a Lean Management Consultant Grade A under the Government of India.

From United States, Daphne
mirza

Hi Mili,
Cost reduction does not fully mean that you concentrate on the items like switching off the lights, AC etc but to enhance the productivity to maximize the profits
You may reduce Cost by "Increasing efficiency to maximize profits" and i feel that Lean Methodology is the best tool that is available to support to any organization (Mfg, Service, etc)
For your reference:
When do I use Lean?
The ideal time to begin utilizing Lean principles is after your key business processes have been defined and before a Six Sigma project pool has been developed. Value Stream Mapping identifies which method of improvement will achieve the greatest results, immediately. Some business processes need to be leaned before applying Six Sigma to eliminate variation. Others require a complete re-design or a development of a new process using Design for Six Sigma (DFSS).
Find attached the Diagram - Lean Valuestream

From Saudi Arabia, Jiddah
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg lean_valuestream.jpg (65.7 KB, 85 views)

anshfinvestnmanpower

Dear Madam, Kindly let me know which industry you are looking Regards, Ansh Finvest & Manpower
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.