No Tags Found!

SSM1975

Respected experts, Kindly explain me the below terminologies. They all sounds similar but yet they are different it seems. Hazard assessment, Risk assessment and Risk analysis Thanks in advance. SSM
From India, Madras
raghuvaran chakkaravarthy

Dear SSM,

Risk Assessment : An identification of what within your work or workplace, which may have the potential to cause harm to people or workers, so that you can consider whether you have provided sufficient precautions or need to do more to prevent harm.

Risk analysis : Risk analysis is the process of defining and analyzing the dangers to individuals, businesses and government agencies posed by potential natural and human-caused adverse events. In IT, a risk analysis report can be used to align technology-related objectives with a company's business objectives. A risk analysis report can be either quantitative or qualitative.

In quantitative risk analysis, an attempt is made to numerically determine the probabilities of various adverse events and the likely extent of the losses if a particular event takes place.

Qualitative risk analysis, which is used more often, does not involve numerical probabilities or predictions of loss. Instead, the qualitative method involves defining the various threats, determining the extent of vulnerabilities and devising countermeasures should an attack occur.

Hazardous Assessment : A hazard assessment is an evaluation of a work place, or work situation, as to the potential for hazards that an employee may encounter while performing the job

From United States, Fpo
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Hazardous assessment.pdf (1.37 MB, 2524 views)

octavious

Dear SSM
Risk Analysis means to understand a magnitude of risk that might have occurred or may occur for sure,this step occurs after Risk Assessment.
Risk Assessment means to understand the types of risk and probability of such risk to occur in any stage of time of continuous process. This process is before Risk Analysis.
Hazard Assessment means to understand the impact of a particular incident, occurrence of which is quiet high on the scale of probability and impact, it also includes actions plans to contain the damage that may be caused due to the incident. This is usually done after Risk Assessment and Risk Analysis.
Regards
Octavious

From India, Mumbai
Yadvinder Sharma

Dear SSM,
Before knowing about risk assessment, risk analysis and hazard management, you have to know about its definition -
Hazard - A hazard is situation that poses a level of threat to lilfe, health, property or enivironement.Most hazards are dormant or potenial with only a theroretical risk of harm, however once a hazard becomes activee it can create an emergency situation. A hazard does ot exist when it not happening.
RISK - Risk is the probability that a hazard will turn into a disaster.

e.g. - a man sits under a coconut tree and there are two or three coconuts on the tree.
In this situation coconut is hazard and blowing of wind is risk. If coconut fall of the perons that sit under the tree then it will cause harm.
With this you can easily under what is meant by risk analysis, assessment & hazard managment.

Regards
Yadvinder Sharma

From India, Mumbai
dipil

Dear SSM

Please go through the below inputs from Mr. KVS which I received over mail to help you:

Hazard analysis - The goal of a hazard analysis is to determine the most likely outcome of a specific set of conditions. This can be a subset of risk assessment.
A hazard analysis is used as the first step in a process used to assess risk. The result of a hazard analysis is the identification of risks. Preliminary risk levels can be found in the hazard analysis. The validation, more precise prediction and acceptance of risk is determined in the Risk assessment.

Risk assessment is a step in a risk management procedure. Risk assessment is the determination of quantitative or qualitative value of risk related to a concrete situation and a recognized threat (also called hazard).
Risk analysis can be broken down into two broad methods, and these methods are qualitative and quantitative.

Qualitative Risk Assessment assesses the impact and likelihood of the identified risks in a rapid and cost-effective manner. By evaluating the priority of risks with consideration to impact on the project's cost, schedule, scope and quality objectives, Qualitative Risk Analysis provides a foundation for a focused quantitative analysis or Risk Response Plan.

Quantitative Risk Assessment is completed on the prioritized risks from Qualitative Analysis studying the effect of risk event deriving a numerical value. Quantitative Risk Analysis is performed to access the probability of achieving specific project objectives, to quantify the effect of the risk on the overall project objective, and to prioritize the risk based on significance to overall project risk.

In addition to this, I’m attaching a file on 5 Steps to Risk Assessment from HSE of UK. This gives a clear idea about the steps involved (there are also 6 steps considered) to perform a risk assessment. This will be helpful to all.

From India
File Type: pdf 5_steps_to_risk_assessment.pdf (131.7 KB, 1585 views)

khandelwal_lokesh

Please find the attached difference among all three. regards LK
From Australia
File Type: ppt Hazards & risk control.ppt (516.5 KB, 1926 views)

General business forms

Hello friends very nice post i like this and really its very useful topic and i m really appreciate to this topic. I shared to my facebook friends. So keep submit more... Thank s for...
From India, Ahmadabad
ratnakar171
dear experts kindly explain the HIRA for 275 mtr high concrete chimney construction in a thermal power plant. with safe regards RP
From India, Kolkata
raghuvaran chakkaravarthy

Dear RP,
275 mtr high? Let me ask one questions prior to explain HIRA.
1. Can you breif me what type of activity's or DFOW you have on your project., i.e. Excavation, form work, rebar placement, concrete enchasement, scaffolding erecting/disantling etc.,,
Once you have answer for my question you will get the list of activity's and start preparing HIRA/JSA then its very easy. Let you try and come with some input we will help to finalize ur HIRA/JSA.

From United States, Fpo
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.