No Tags Found!

arun.bascon

Dear Seniors,

Can you give me your opinion / Suggestion on my present scenario in my company. I joined as a HR Generalist in my organization and my journey on this company is one and half years and continue further. Actually my role & responsibilities is Recruitment, Payroll Processing, statutory compliance's and employee relations.

Totally i having 4 years of experience in HR department particularly on facility management company. My Boss son-in-law started a new IT company near our office. My boss ask me to take care of his son-in-law office too. And my new boss discuss with me and he posted as a HR Manager for his company. It is newly started IT company So i have to implement all those things like Offer / Appointment Letter, Salary Breakup, NDA, HR Manual, HR Policy, PAN, TAN, Profession Tax, Gratuity, Health Insurance, etc.,

In this case, really iam not sound in income tax calculation / deduction / IT Recruitment / Legal Compliance's and IT related HR works because my total HR experience based on facility Management company to handle unskilled labour / wages like technical staff, Security, Housekeeping and civil staff.

My Point are;

1) If this is possible to work for two company's.

2) In my future's company will accept my current experience.

3) How to learn the income tax calculation for high CTC?

4) what are the key skills required to handle IT staff?

5) In this experience will helpful to my future.

I am very much need the seniors / experienced HR professional advice in this regards.

Please help me out...................

From India, Madras
anil.arora

It means you’ve to set up a new HR department for new company (IT Company).

Well Arun, one thing I wanna know from you on your statement “my new boss discuss with me and he posted as a HR Manager for his company” what do you mean by this??? You gonna work for both of two companies? if yes that is also not good and how can you work for both companies? Think about it.

But yes if your new boss (from Second Company) has relied on you and giving you the authority to manage the work of this second company then you can appoint new HR peoples/A new HR team for this IT company with prior approval of your Boss.

Also as you know yourself that you have no experience with the duties that you have been asked to perform, but you wanna know how to perform, I would suggest you to take help of a HR Consultant and get the permission of your Boss for the same. Only experience person/personnel/HR team can perform these works.

1) If this is possible to work for two company's.

Ansr : Not possible to work for both company in a single time..and have to get the help of other peoples. You have to get permission of your Bosses to appoint a new and separate HR personal or HR Manager first.

2) In my future's company will accept my current experience.

Ansr: You need to ask yourself this first. And what current experience you are talking about? Guess after getting answer of your first question, you already have the answer of this second question..

3) How to learn the income tax calculation for high CTC?

Ansr: For this you just need to start with SEARCH option..Go to the web or the SEARCH option located at top on Cite page and download a calculation sheet of Income Tax and study it carefully. Also you can get the sample salary/compensation sheets from there which will help you to calculate income tax and other elements of salary as you want.

4) what are the key skills required to handle IT staff?

Ansr : For this you need to go for Consultation which is the first, best and good option but if you wanna do this at your own then go through the web search and make your own data and categorize it properly. Which will enable you to understand the JD of a IT person with different -2 level and according to the functions

5) In this experience will helpful to my future.

Anr: YES! You have a great chance to learn many things at this stage. As of now you are the main and authorised person and as per your Bosses instruction, you are going to set-up a new HR department and going to handle/manage the work of two different companies which are also from different sectors.

This is a really big chance to learn at this stage and I wud say you are the one of most lucky person who have this great opportunity and you don’t need to scared of anything but to run systematically. If I ware ARUN BASCON, then would have done the best of this opportunity bcz the experience you will get at this stage will help you in more and teach you many things for your rest of life and career.

But the most important thing is that which EXPERIENCE? And this will automatically brought you to the first two questions of yours “Work profile and Experience with both companies..

With closing of this response, I would like to say again that you have to get permission of your Bosses first to SETUP a new HR department /team for your new and IT Company. And this is the appropriate action that you will take in this regard.

If you have more question/query, feel free to contact.

Best of Luck

From India, Gurgaon
arun.bascon

Dear Anil,
I was really expecting your opinion / Suggestion in this regards.
You made it,
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!
And,
This is my great opportunity, I never want to leave. Really I have a potential to handle any kind of issues in HR department. In my current company, my work load per day is less than one hour only. So time is not a big constrain. Really I am interest to work in IT Sector, in this situation what I can do further…
Frankly say that I am not a big heart fellow to leave this open opportunity. I am not looking for two company’s salary. I need to grow and learn so many new things in HR management.
Let you think, you are Arun and you have same situation. what is your decision? Please share......
Again I thank you for your valuable suggestion.

From India, Madras
anil.arora

Hi Arun, you said you were expecting my reply??? Really but how?

Well thanks for this and im glad to have your honest answer and also would like to say that you must go with this IT Sector if you have interest and wanna go for it..

Also there is not one who have suggested to leave this opportunity but to grab it with both hands… But need to run systematically which is the only thing you need to consider first in this regards.

Second, don’t every say that you have potential and let other say this that you have a potential to handle work. Ok!!! One just can be confident about his work and experience, but cant say that he has the potential himself. You just need to learn and perform sincerely with great confidence and this will automatically bring you the success. Consequently peoples/your colleagues and your superiors will say that you have potential and doing your job effectively.

And if you don’t have much to do with your present and company A, then you need to learn the things, indulge yourself in the work and do the things are required in this regard. Also as much as you will learn, will get the knowledge of HR & Functions of HR, will help you to reach your aim but you also can ignore your present though you have not much to do, therefore, the first thing that you have to do now is that you have to speak to your new (from IT Company) Boss about SETUP of their separate and own HR department.

Do the same that I have suggested earlier and by doing this you will learn the things time to time and help you to grow..

From India, Gurgaon
arun.bascon

Dear Anil,
One more suggestion, I really hope you to solve my queries........
One new employee joined in our company on today. Previous ally i gave him appoint / offer letter along with salary breakup.
For your reference, I have attached his salary breakup.
Can you please share your opinion about my salary breakup. it's that correct or need to be some correction? and what are the necessary action to be taken for tax benefit to the employee.
Please suggest!!!!!!!!!!

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls Salary Breakup - ref.xls (19.5 KB, 400 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.