mukeshhr1986

Dear seniors,
I have passed my MBA in HUMAN RESOURCE and joined an esteemed organisation. There is many kinds of heavy machines but no safety instructions on these machines. Unskilled operators operate the machine and many times they become injuries in accident. Pls help me where i can collect safety instructions and safety training related material .

From India, Delhi
dipil

Dear Mr. Muki
Appreciate your initiative in seeking solution from this forum....
Can you please let me know what kind of machineries are there in your organization... Because Safety Precautions are different according to situation and according to machines...
You need to have a detailed Risk Assessment of each machineries and then only we can decide what all precautions required for particular job...

From India
mukeshhr1986

dear sir,
our esteemed organization is many kinds of machines as Hydraulic power press, shearing press, lathe machines, hammers, cnc/vmc 40 machines, laser cutting m/c, Plasma cutting m/c, Surface grinder etc. Pls reply your valuable.

From India, Delhi
diehardcanonuser

Mr. Muki Please attach your e-mail address to this topic so I may send you some information. Regards M Corporate HSE Manager
From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Ignoring Machine Guards can leave you flat poster.pdf (520.8 KB, 2008 views)

Kesava Pillai

Dear Mukesh,

First; your statement “unskilled operators operate the machine” is not acceptable. Every machine operator must be trained to operate his machine. He should have required skill developed to operate it without which he is not supposed to be handed over with a machine to operate. Most metal working machines are classified as hazardous.

How ever modern machines are built to operate safely. Guarding is a statutory requirement.

Manufacturers supply you with operating instructions and safety precautions are listed with it. In addition to it
make a check list and check whether :-

The machine lay out is safe.
Foundation is proper.
Guards are in place.
Proper lighting is provided,
Easy access around the machine is available.
Main switch is in easy reach of operators,
Emergency stop button available
Perfect grounding is provided,
Premise maintained non-slippery,
Scraps are removed timely
Operator is facing the passage etc.,…..

Unless you do your exercise there is no use of just conducting training for workers who are not operators as such.

For training purpose you may use the attached ppt if found suitable.

Regards,
Kesava Pillai

From India, Kollam
File Type: ppt MachineGuardingPPT.ppt (3.16 MB, 1857 views)

dipil

@ diehardcanonuser
Warm welcome to citehr safety forum... I feel that with the participation of seniors like you we can make this forum alive...
Thanks for your inputs into the thread...
Keep on sharing...
Hope to see you particiapting and sharing your expertise with us...

From India
dipil

Dear Sir
Thanks for your inputs into the thread and for the presentation... The inputs for the check points is very much usefull...
I hopt this will clarrify the doubt of the thread starter... Dear Mr. Mukesh, please do let us know whether your query get resolved or not???
Kesava sir once again thanks for your inputs and hope to get the same in future too...

From India
dipil

Dear Mukesh Go through the attached poster... May be helpful to you...
From India
File Type: jpg Guarding_Poster.jpg (2.58 MB, 774 views)

diehardcanonuser

Muki
Please see the attached file, DO NOT think that this is a cure this is a SAMPLE ONLY. If no one there is qualified to perform a risk assessment then have a third party company come in and do it for you. You need proper training for all your employees and mentoring set up for any new employees that enter into your establishment. As the other in this forum, they are giving you sound advice use it. Your company is just losing money when you think about; hurt employee = training new employee = lost man hours and medical costs = lost production = lost revenue it becomes a never ending cycle. It needs to be stopped somewhere. Please start with the book that I have attached first. Any questions please ask.
Regards
M
Corporate HSE Manager

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
File Type: zip Machine Guarding 1.zip (838.0 KB, 1303 views)
File Type: pdf Building the Best Training Program - Your One-Stop Learning Resource.pdf (945.3 KB, 1024 views)
File Type: pdf 5 steps to risk assesment.pdf (131.7 KB, 1265 views)
File Type: pdf Making a Business Case for EHS.pdf (1.24 MB, 971 views)
File Type: pdf Workplace Safety Management.pdf (2.23 MB, 2294 views)

dipil

@diehardcanonuser
Thanks a lot for your great sharing sir...
The books on Safety Management is really great one... Surely will go through throughly...
Keep up the good work and try to particiapte into other threads and deliver your expertise with us...

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.