No Tags Found!

satya_gms
Hi,
I am working as HR Manager in IT Software and Consulting, now a days we are facing a problem in our company. Though we take atmost care in recruiting candidates we are not that much satisfied when coming to their ethical values. can anyone help me how to rate a candidate in this aspect.
Regards
Satya

From India, Hyderabad
M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

Dear Satya,,
Please visit the below link, the same will be of some use
The link has an E-Book, which will give some insight into your query,,,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From India, Coimbatore
Bob Gately

Hello Satya:
>... Though we take atmost care in recruiting candidates we are not that much satisfied when coming to their ethical values. can anyone help me how to rate a candidate in this aspect.<
Would you please provide an example or two of what you mean by "not that much satisfied when coming to their ethical values."
What employee behavior have you observed that leads you to conclude that there is a problem with employee ethical values?
Thank you,
Bob Gately, PE, MBA

From United States, Chelsea
Sujatha Suresh
Hi Sathya,

U have a very Truthful name, I mean the question you have is also very valid and True for many in many companies.Psychometric testing and that too the one that speaks of ones' natural and adapted style is very revealing. These are tests evolved by TTI. and are proving effective. Also when large numbers are involved the price is reduced considerably.

Incidently TTI happens to be the first company to develope and introduce computerized and personalized reports.

Interestingly enough they are conducting a program, first time in Chennai.

Course name:CPBA- Certified Professional Behavioural Analyst

Venue & Date: Le Royal Meridien, Chennai. 3Rd & 4Th August '07

Cost: 12,000 + taxes for 1 and 10,000 for two or more.

This has been found very useful by Trainers, HR personnel in many fields,

Recruiters, Heads of institutions. I would request you to contact me for any clarifications Sujatha-98408 54301. Do inform people who will benefit form this program.Read the attachment regarding details of Course & Cost. Do contact as this will prove helpful to you.

TTI-Target Training International.LTD.

From India, Bhilai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc cpba_invite_315.doc (77.0 KB, 147 views)
File Type: doc cpba_invite_315.doc (77.0 KB, 90 views)

satya_gms
Hi Bob & Sujatha,
Thank you for your response.
Let me give few examples for my statement, though the management gives value to the employees thoughts and concerns the way they behave is very different. Our management is very supportive when the employees are upfront and genuine. Yet times we think that as we are running a school. Though every one is graduated and well experienced they dont even bother to inform management on any issues, the main thing is absconding from the duties. I agree that these things are commmon in any organisation.
I feel that trust is very imp for employee as well as employer. My main concern is to create that.
Hope you got the point what i am trying to say. If it is not clear please let me know so that i can be more clear.
Regards
Satya

From India, Hyderabad
shankarhr
Hi Satya, I am Shankar, such a long time back i am accessing in the group. i have seen the doc. that it is good link. Could you share more about the effective recruitment process Regards, D.Shankar

vinaykumar07

Hi Satya
U need to relook into your interview/recuritment procedure go ahead with behavioural interview ?
Take multiple interviews before finalising the candidate your interview should go beneath check the thought process of the candidates.
Rgrds
Vinay

From India, Hyderabad
Bob Gately

Hello Satya:

>Let me give few examples for my statement, though the management gives value to the employees thoughts and concerns the way they behave is very different.<

Do you mean management behaves differently or employees?

>Our management is very supportive when the employees are upfront and genuine.<

Makes sense to me but do employees see that as well?

What do you mean by genuine?

> Yet times we think that as we are running a school.<

Please explain.

>Though every one is graduated and well experienced they don't even bother to inform management on any issues, the main thing is absconding from the duties. I agree that these things are common in any organisation.<

What are the supervisors doing about the problem.

>I feel that trust is very imp for employee as well as employer. My main concern is to create that.<

Trust is earned over time. Can management trust the supervisors to manage their direct reports? If yes, why are there problems with the direct reports?

>Hope you got the point what i am trying to say. If it is not clear please let me know so that i can be more clear.<

You are doing a good job of helping me understand the issues.

Bob Gately, PE, MBA

From United States, Chelsea
RakhiD

Hi Satya,

From all the posts and what Mr. Bob has mentioned I see the following prima-facie possible problems and very frankly speaking its not the problem of values or ethics:

1. Management is not able to communicate control properly, however open the management is it has to show the control on employees and everything that goes around the company. You will then not feel like a school

2. Its human tendency to take as much as possible when its available, same is applicable to freedom or independence, what i mean to say is that as an HR you have to make some rules very obvious, in my company we started the flexi working hours policy, as usual ppl started taking advantage of that apart from repeated instructions. Then we stopped giving them any instructions, and when they saw their leave card at the end of the month they were all shocked coz we had deducted their short hours from leaves or pay. Sometimes actions speak more than words.

3. You should setup PR ppl within the Technical groups or within the technical team. These ppl are mainly responsible to handle group related issues and play a two way role. Here employees who are in the technical side and interested in the managerial aspect (TL, PL PM etc) of running the company should be involved, they prove very very effective to control and bridge the team members.

Hope this helps you

Regards

Rakhi

From India, Pune
Sujatha Suresh
Satya,
I can understand that you are very deeply hurt.
Also it could be that; you are simmering with anger and the others involved are not understanding...
See that is the reason we have citeHR! We Trainers ,train people to express feelings and thoughts in a way that the people understand what we are saying.They may or may not accept.Now that is their side of the story.
Eventually each one matures....
Satya just like everyone is not hungry at the same time. Neither is everyones' understanding or maturity levels the same.
For you, Trust is very important & for that person, their particular issue which they are unable to share with all.
Now give us a big smile and say (Tell the truth!) U are better....
P.S: Career wise I suggest you address with your higher up and or the HR involved.Do not dispair.Try and you will have the solution!
Sujatha

From India, Bhilai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.