Veena Dhaneria

Hi All, Can anyone tell me if we provide a Show Cause Notice to any employee then if he/she pleads for one more chance & for not repeating the mistake again then can we give him a chance?
From India, Vadodara
pon1965

Veena, If he committed the mistake inadvertently, nothing wrong in giving him one more chance. To err is human. Pon
From India, Lucknow
kamalkantps

Dear Veena,
This is Management's decision and will depend majorly on the nature of the Mistake. Management shouldn't create much fuss if the mistake is done inadvertently as rightly said by Pon.

From India, New Delhi
subhaga2

Dear Veena,
First you should understand that a Show Cause Notice, is to elicit, whether the imputation on the employee, is true or not and whether it is accepted by the accused employee. Once, it is accepted by the employee, and he pleads guilty and seeks mitigation of the punishment, it has to be considered. Punishments are deterrent in nature, not essentially punitive. Best thing is give him a "censure" and he will mend his ways.
Subba Rao Bhagavatula

From India, Hyderabad
ramachandraiah sathishan

I endorse the views of Ms Veena. However, if the mistake is of minor in nature you can issue a warning letter indicating him the repetition of such or similar mistakes will be viewed seriously. If it is a major mistakes, you have to order for enquiry in the matter and take appropriate action as per the conduct rules of your organisation.
From India, Mumbai
Veena Dhaneria

Thanks a lot Subba...actually m very new in HR & our ED has told me to issue such notice to the concerned employee but according to me it was not a serious issue. I have given him the notice but with management i have requested to give him 1 more chance.
From India, Vadodara
eunice17
of course the company have to train the worker 1st and ensure everyone understand. if the worker is slow to receive then of course hv to give him or her a chance. if not do it intentionally, employer should give them chance. if do it intentionally, then sorry la.
From Malaysia, George Town
eunice17
if not do it intentionally, employer should give them chance. if do it intentionally, then sorry la. (i mean if do mistake by intention)
From Malaysia, George Town
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.