learner.hrd
whats the gurumantra for being a succesful H.R. person.
as in just seven month i have found " an H.R. concern is never thanked for a job, but on contrary is pointed for every wrong being"
I had very friendly terms with my juniors due to that at times it becomes quite difficult to get the work done.
regards,
Learner

From India, Pune
advancetech_01
as head of the department you have to watch every thing behind the curtain and be deplomatic.keep distance with juniors in terms of your status. Regards Rajendra Singh
From India, Delhi
GautamGhosh

I remember that in 1997 I heard Dr. Udai Pareek (ex-prof IIMA andfounder of ISABS) adressing the first National Conference in HR at XLRI and he made a point which disturbed me then.

He said :"HR departments would truly succeed when they have successfully madethemselves redundant"

I realised what he meant when I started working in 1999 in HR. Essentially what Dr. Pareek was trying to say was that the REAL Human Resources managers were the line managers, we as HR people are only responsible for drafting policies and people strategies, and educating and guiding them.

The onus of making these successful are squarely in the hands of the ops/line managers. Our focus should be to enable them with the skills of managing people, motivating and developing them, and act as a facilitator. Eventually, there would come an ideal day, when all line managers would know and act as better people managers than HR people.

1. An HR person needs a minimum amount of skills to be an effectiveHR person !

2. HR is not "easy" unless you are merely printing offer letters or churning out reports. HR is not just "common sense"

3. The way out is not to put filters at the entry level into HR, but to work in setting up professional bodies to help HR people to develop their skills, like the ASTD and SHRM do in the US.

4. I think the most skills HR people need are rarely ever taught in B-Schools.

They are:

a. Facilitation skills

b. Diagnosis skills

c. Influencing skills

d. Consulting skills

These are the basis for expertise in different HR disciplines...and we do need them to be taught as skills for professional growth in India. Maybe, teaching them to line managers would be a good idea too!

From India, New Delhi
SRINATH_HC
Hi everybody,
I am new member to this site, but I have a good experience in HR about 18 years, according to me the successful HR person should see always from the view point of Management, basically the Organisational Environment purely influence on your success. Hence before taking any steps or planning your strategy you should analyse the Organisation Structure, Environment, Culture, etc because it is like toilered made and can not have any prefixed formula like, it is mainly depends on your personality that how you are going to place your self infront of others and the tactics which will really work out in that particular organisation.
thanks,
HCS

From India, Bangalore
skt.2007

Dear all,
i am also new member to this site, but i had agreed with gautam & hcs comments and also want to share one thing hr means mediator between management and employees. He play role in organisation like blood play role in our body.
With best regards,
skt

From India, Nasik
bijay_majumdar

Respected and dear professionals,
In my view hr management needs the very skill sets to understand the fact that it is the people who are going to run the corporate show be it any industry,Therefore understanding the need of the people and thier need to company and together all of them understanding the ultimate goal of the company would enable each concerned member to apply the knowledge and efforts in achieving the desired goal.An hr professional with his humaneterial quality must be competent enough to align these needs of people, the company and goals desired.Last but not the least hr men are people for people with a talent to derive the best out of people.
Thanks,
Bijay

From India, Vadodara
Neelanjana Jain

Dear Seniors,

Thanks for sharing such a good information can anyone please guide me i am having 1 year of exp in Hr i am recently relocated to gurgaon from pune still i am not getting job in gurgaon of an Hr ? what is the reason behind it why i am getting calls for front office job only . Please tell me its two months of unemployment period i have passed still no job please guide me i really need your help . I would really appreciate if you will guide me it can be a good step in building my career in Hr please seniors please show me the way ....... you can also take a look at my CV attached here . I am not pleading for job or something here just to know where i am lagging behind to get a HR job for myself i do update my cv on every job portal. i call consultant when i drop mail with attached cv to the given email ids on portals they dont revert nor they pick call after that is the work i did as an hr is so worthless . therefore i am bound to ask because i see know reason may be you experienced people can tell me the way to work out well . Kindly revert with your suggestions on .

Regards
Neelanjana

From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc CV - Neelanjana.doc (63.0 KB, 136 views)

josri1972@yahoo.com

Neelanajan,
I just had a glance of your cv. My suggestion-why dont you make a sort of summary in the form of a first four or five line writeup, to argue, why you are fit for the role you want.
I understand that Recruiters hardly spend minutes/seconds in some cases on cvs, esp entry level ones.
Frankly, I am not an expert in Cv writing, but please try this !
please make this change, and send the cv to josri1972atyahoodotcom or contact me 9940520654
With best regards
J.Srinivasan

From India, Bangalore
yogeshkulkarni@ymail.com

Learner,

I agree with your experience & these experiences will give learning about do’s & don’ts.

1) Never call your juniors as juniors – call them as Colleagues
2) On every small success you have to celebrate it with your colleagues
3) From every mistake you have learn
4) Never hide your mistakes
5) Before taking any decisions take an opinion from your seniors & colleagues

This will be a success mantra in starting years of the currier.

All the Best !!! success will be with you all the time !!!

Opinion may differ from person to person!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Yogesh Kulkarni
Assistant Manager – HR
Krishidhan Seeds Pvt. Ltd.
+ 91 9890845553

From India, Mumbai
skt.2007

Dear Nilajan,
CV should short summary explain & present your self at the time of Interview. my opinion to you please revised your CV (1st page short description about your self with your experience, 2nd page brief working summary if required take 3rd page & 3rd or 4th page your achivement, hobbies etc.)
With best regards,
SKT

From India, Nasik
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.