raghavendk
dear all,
Can anybody clarify me about maternity leave rules under Maternity Benefit Act ?
Is maternity leave 12 week + 1 month (extendable in case of illness of mother / child) or 12 week + 1.5 month.
Kindly update me on this.
thanks & regards
Raghu

From India, Bangalore
White Eagle

It’s 12 week and if any emergency arise out of maternity then there will be 1 more month maternity benefits.
From India, Hyderabad
ashish_ihm2008@yahoo.com

Dear , I have attached a abstract of Maternity Act which might help you out. regards ashish SR Exe HR 9748094316
From India, Calcutta
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc ABSTRACT OF MATERNITY ACT IN FORM.doc (44.5 KB, 1671 views)

nr_sureshin
The employee concerned can avail an additional leave of one month with pay as per the stipulations of Section 10 of the Maternity Benefit Act 1961 which clearly stipulates "A woman suffering from illness arising out of pregnancy, delivery; premature birth of child, miscarriage, medical termination of pregnancy or tubectomy operation, shall, on production of such proof as may be prescribed, be entitled, in addition to the period of absence allowed to her under section 6, or, as the case may be, under section 9, to leave with wages at the rate of maternity benefit for a maximum period of one month.". In case the concerned woman employee seeks any further extension, then in such case the company may take a decision at its discretion whether to adjust the leave available to the credit of the said employee as on such date or otherwise.
From India, Madras
rajesh.paswan007

Dear All,
If you have following form please sent this mail ID,Please urgent basis,my email:-ID:-rajesh.paswan007@yahoo.co.in

1 Register in form 9 under contract labour Act
2 Record for submission of half yearly return under Contact labour Act
3 Employment card in form 10
Thanks
Rajesh Paswan

From India, Gurgaon
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.