No Tags Found!

Neethu TK
Dear Seniors,
We are facing attrition every month in the team which works in Night shift.
This has reached to a stage that the team looks like a bucket with a hole.
Pleases suggest
How to find out why this is happening ...
And if we already have some practices in the industry to Stop this or at least minimize the rate.
Regards,
Neethu

From India, Bangalore
ajivariyath
hi neethu,
If you are able to provide a little more details like what sort of organization is it, the process, and the number of team members it will be helpful in finding the reason.
Regards,
Aji Variyath

From India, Tiruchchirappalli
Neethu TK
Hi, We are into IT and its a Inside sale and US recruitment team ( 15 remembers ) Most attrition happens within 2-3 months of joining. Regards, Neethu
From India, Bangalore
White Eagle

Attrition is issue which is faced by almost all the companies all over the world but some org and industry is bleeding too much. This is because nature of industry, job profile and comparatively young employees.
I will suggest you should change the shift of employees every fortnightly, have employee friendly polices, check your hiring and do better hand holding. It will help in controlling attrition.

From India, Hyderabad
archnahr

Hi Neethu,
If you mention during interviews that the applicant need to work in night shifts, then i don't think that night shifts are the reason people are leaving the company.
Please look deeper and I'm sure there must be something happening during these shifts which is creating the situation it can be anything from less salary,long shifts or a bad boss Or else you need to make some changes in the hiring..if its not the above mentioned thing then it can be a case of bad hire...
Regards,

From India, Delhi
samchandran
Dear Neethu, First of all, please do 5 WHY & 1 HOW analysis. This is the best way to find out the exact reason and for corrective action.
From India, Madras
Neethu TK
Hi,
These folks are specifically hired for those shift and they are well aware during the hiring process, that they will be working on night shift.
The HR coverage is low for them as HR team works in day shift, But we are trying our best being online for them during weekend, post office hours. Still they are not opening up.
I am planning to have one on one discussions with them. Hopefully i will figure out something. Thanks for the suggestions. :)
Regards,
Neethu

From India, Bangalore
V. Balaji

Dear Neethu,

I know the reason for their qutiting. I think, you expect those team members working in the night shift, to work continually in the night shift, right? what I mean to say, those people have to regularly report at particular time in the night and wind up their office in the next day morning, am I right? Throughout their career, that is what you are expect them to do, right?

If you answered my question "Yes", you will never be able to get rid of this problem.

Solution:

You form A, B, C shifts

A shift - 6.00 a.m. - 2.00 p.m.

B Shift - 2.00 a.m. - 10.00 p.m.

C Shift - 10.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m.

Certain No.of people who come in A shift this week have to come in 'B' shift next week and 'C" shift next next week. Which means they need to come on rotation. 'C" shift person this week will report for duty in 'A' Shift next week. By doing so, you will ensure there is allways shift rotation.

I dont say that there will not be any absenteeism, but it will not be alarming. It will well be within your capacity to handle.

As far as your employees are concerned, in desparation of getting some employment, they will say yes for the night shift, only to gain breathing time to search for a new job. You are also fuelling their efforts by conveniently putting them in the night shift, so that they can attend interview in the next day without having to apply for leave or something. After a couple of months, they find a job of their convenience and vanish, and that is what happening.

Hence, try out "Shift rotation" model.

Balaji

From India, Madras
Vaishalee Parkhi

Good analysis, Mr. Balaji.
Hi Neethu,
You can study the reasons given by employees who left earlier, before having one to one discussions with others. If you rotate them in day shifts as well
that may also solve problem to some extent.
Regards,
Vaishalee

From India, Pune
kishore592b

Dear Neethu,
I have put in thirty years of service in the Airlines Industry and out of which I have worked in shift duties for 25 years. I am still working in shift duties at the age of 56.
Please three shift pattern 8 hours/shift for 5 days or 6 days and give them two off's after two night duties. Please do not put them continuously for day, afternoon or night shifts for a week.
Feel free to ask any questions which pertains to shift duties.
Regards
Anoop Kishore Bhatnagar

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.