korgaonkar k a

Dear Seniors,

Greeting of the day!

One of my clients engaged a contracting company to execute project work on contract. This contracting company is a foreign company and going to execute the work with the help of foreign labours. The labours will be paid in foreign currency, as what I understand from the client.

Under the circumstances, what are the laws applicable to the contracting company and what are the liabilities of my client i.e. Principal Employer.

Certainly the Indian Labour Laws like Contract Labour Act, Minimum Wage Act, EPF Act etc. are applicable to the contract labours. Apart from the Indian Labour Laws any other Law including their migration etc. is applicable and is there any permission, registration or licence in this regards necessary? Also, what about PTax?

ITax is governed by the Income Tax Act. But is there any exemption in PTax which is a tax on Professions, Trades, Callings and Employments?

Can any body thro light on this issue?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards.

Keshav Korgaonkar

http://www.shantadurgaent.com,Welcome To Shantadurga Enterprises

Cell: +91 9967516383

From India, Mumbai
abedeen7

Dear Keshav,
International worker will hold employment visa along with employment contract.
Minimum salary would not be less than 25000 us dollar.
They need to register for residential permit.
No exemption in PT and IT if they are paid in foreign currency.
They will be governed by Indian labour law.

From India, Bhubaneswar
sethupathy-s

Dear Keshav, EPF on International Worker files are enclosed for your ref. Please go thro' them and revert back for any queries. S.Sethupathy, Erode
From India, Selam
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf IW Scheme.pdf (636.5 KB, 678 views)
File Type: pdf PF For foreign employees.pdf (133.6 KB, 732 views)
File Type: pdf International Worker -Post amendment.pdf (146.0 KB, 1028 views)

otsuka2006
Dear Sir,
I am working in Japanese organization and want to know the procedure of PF withdrawal of Japanese person in Haryana.
Expats are coming in India for 3-5 yrs duration after completion of duration they back to their home country and close Bank account also before going back. Kindly suggest me how to process the forms for PF withdrawal as they don't have Bank account in India. UAN is activated. Ecen Japan & India has SSA agreement.
regards,

From India, undefined
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.