No Tags Found!

Jyoti S. Ansari
Dear Friends,
I am working in medical devices company as AM - Hr and recently I have designed a new compensation structure which is as follows:
Basic: 40% of Gross
HRA: 50% of Basic
Allowance 1: 20% of Gross
Allowance 2: Difference Amount
Conv: 800
Gross = Basic + HRA + All1 + All2 + Conv
Now, after implementing this structure, I am facing huge resistance from employees as their basic salary is reduced now.
Earlier some employees were getting more basic some were getting less basic as there was no structure or percentage.
Yes, we are deducting PF for all the eligible employees i.e.,
1. for whom we were deducting PF earlier
2. or those who now become eligible after reducing basic
Now, I would like to know from all of you .... that is it right to reduce basic to streamline / standardize the compensation structure
Please advice....
Thanks & Regards
Jyoti Ansari

From India, New Delhi
shweta504

Reducing the basic has an impact on indirect components like PF & Gratuity which employees might not be comfortable with. Even PF authorities question hwo the contribution is going down? Now that you have initiated a system, there will be resistance as they feel that they are losing out. Explain to them the need for a structure which is healthy & a good structure should have between 30-40& basic of gross
This will help organization in long run as their indirect payouts will come down over a period of time
shweta
Erudite management solutions Pvt Ltd

From India, Pune
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Erudite Management Solutions OVERALL.pdf (197.1 KB, 137 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.