No Tags Found!

Yogendra Bhandare
Hi,
I heard about the new rule which says that Employee PF organisation will not pay interest from 1st April 2011 for EPF accounts in which no transaction have been made for last 3 years.
I worked for an organisation from year 2000 (start) to year 2004 (end) - 5 years. Then I switched to another company and have worked there till now. However, in the new company I have opened new EPF account. The old EPF account is untouched (no transactions) since Dec 2004 till date.
Does the new rule mean that I will not get interest from the period starting April 2011 or even for the previous untransacted period?
I would be grateful if someone helps me with the exact genuine answer to my query?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Regards,
Yogi

From India
globaloverseas144

Dear Yogi,
Your current organisation did mistake (they have not asked for any kind of EPF account) and you also did mistake to hide about previous EPF account.
Please write a application to the EPF department and stating about two accounts and they can merge the both account by filling of form 13.
Yes,you will not get interest on old account if there is no transaction made in last six month(effective from 1st april 2011).
It can be corrected immediately.
Best Regards
Global Overseas-Delhi office
+91-9899775578

From India, Delhi
abbasiti

Dear Yogi,
you will not get interest on the non-operational account from 01.04.2011. But you will get the interest till 31.03.2011 as the decision will be come into force w.e.f 01.04.2011. However you may apply form 13 through the present employer for transfer of the previous account to club with the new account at the earliest, so that you will get interest for the previous PF amount also.
Abbas.P.S

From India, Bangalore
abbasiti

Will you kindly give the details on the following quoting "Yes,you will not get interest on old account if there is no transaction made in last six month." Abbas.P.S
From India, Bangalore
reddi.tirupathi

Dear Mr.Yogendra,
As you said, if it will commence there is no option for interest. So that you may transfer in to new account. If you have any problem for transfer the above said account with the employer. You can choose the second option...

From India, Secunderabad
Yogendra Bhandare
Hi,

Thanks to all who have contributed.

However, my question is not fully answered.

What I meant to ask was, which of the following scenarios is correct after the new Rule comes into play:

Scenario 1

EPF Account 1st Transaction - Jan 2000

<I will get interest for this period>

EPF Account Last Transaction - Dec 2004

EPF Account - Dec 2007

EPF Account - Mar 2011

<I will NOT get interest after this>

Scenario 2

EPF Account - Dec 2007

<I will NOT get interest for this period>

EPF Account - Mar 2011

Scenario 3

EPF Account - Dec 2007

EPF Account - Mar 2011

Regards,

Yogi

From India
vdvidya

Yogi transfer your old PF amount to new account by Form 13. It solves your problem. Regards, Vidyaranya.
From India, Bangalore
psdhingra

Going unnecessarily in to vague details on hypothetical basis, it is better to first get the balance of one of your account transferred in to the other account and get the results.
From India, Delhi
sabana_pmir

Dear Friend!
you must be transfer your account from previous company to present company through form 13A(revised).
i do not know any time limit to transfer account one to another concern, kindly contact your HR department,
let me know also

From India, Bangalore
jm raju
Hi
Agree with my seniors.
Pls get the PF accumulation of your previous organisation to your current organisation transferred by submitting form 13 with your current employer so that you get interest on your total amount.
regds
jmraju

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.