nitin_srivastava20

Hi All,
I am new in the field of HR.
Can any one please tell me that what precautions should be taken for contract labor force when A labor officer arrives to the work place?
And What kind of Documentation is needed to be Shown?

From India
nitin_srivastava20

Hi All,
I am new in the field of HR.
Can any one please tell me that what precautions should be taken for contract labor force when A labor officer arrives to the work place?
And What kind of Documentation is needed to be Shown?
Is Nobody there who can help me out from that Problem!!!!

From India
boss2966

Never allow the workforce to interact with the Labour Officer. if you allow your cost will increase. Please take him to your office. Offer him New Year Diary or take him to some Hotel offer him some good quality costly food and send him off from the hotel itself.
If he visit your workplace, it should be like friendly visit. Keep the rapport like that lest it will be problem for you.
With warm regards
S. Bhaskar

From India, Kumbakonam
nitin_srivastava20

Dear Bhaskar Thanks For replying to the post. But it still a question for me that what kind of documentation should be done while having such a visit inside the plant.
From India
boss2966

Please maintain good rapport, maintain good relationship. If you did not maintain good relationship, then whatever document you are maintaining is waste. With warm regards S. Bhaskar 9099024667
From India, Kumbakonam
nitin_srivastava20

Dear BHaskar,
Maintaining rapport and good relationship is a functional phenomenon.
I am not asking about how to tackle the situation, instead of that i am asking about the legal prospects which should be done by the person handling HR in any industry????
Regards
Nitin Srivastava

From India
boss2966

Dear Nitin

You have to maintain all the registers as per Contrat Labour (R&A) Act Maintain and confirm all statutory requirements are fulfilled.

i.e., Adequate toilet facilities provided (1 toilet per 25 workmen), Washing Platform, Resting place, Canteen facilities, if the workmen strength is more than 500 provide Doctor, Provide Labour welfare officer, If female coolie is deployed then provide creach for the children, Provide Pottable wholesome drinking water, if the accommodation provided is outside the work area please provide conveyance vehicles for shifting of workforce from labour colony to site and back. Their wages to be paid by 7th of every month, they must be paid with double OT, etc.

Display Notice Board, Various Acts (child Labour abolition Act, Minimum Wages Act, Payment of Wages Act, Contractor Labour Act, Gratuity Act, Workmen compensation Act, in English, Hindi and regional Language), Labour Licence, Registration of Establishment Certificate.

Maintain Half yearly and Annual return filed regularly, Register of Workmen, Register of Sub contractor, Register of Fines, Register of Advance, Register of Damage or Loss, Register of Muster Roll, Wages, OT, Employment Card of all workmen, Full and Final Settlement of all workmen who has gone out.

Even if you maintain all above records and staturoty obligations the Labour Inspector will point out easily.

They can write sanitation not maintained properly. or adequate lighting arrangement not made or workmen not paid as per minimum wages act. or whatever they feel.

But if you maintain good relationship then he will directly come to your office and with good comments he will go out of your office.

with warm regards

S. Bhaskar

From India, Kumbakonam
JAWEDALAM

Dear Nitin Srivastava, I am enclosing a Short Presentation on Contract Labour where dos and don’t for PE And contractors are clearly defined. It may help u..... Regards. Jawed Alam
From India, Dhanbad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt Short Presentation on Contract Labour.ppt (557.0 KB, 709 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.