No Tags Found!

jnpereira
Dear Sirs / Madam,
I work for a plastic food packaging manufcturer. We are ISO 9000 & 22000 certified.
Can you please guide me what should be the health we should sepcify for new recruits to our organisation.
Can you please help me with some information also about noise level permissible in the plant.

From India, Chicalim
dr.sanjay

under Factories act permissible noise level for exposue of 8 hr.i s 90dB but cut off level should be 85dB.If your workers are exposed to noise level more than 90dB for eight hours you should go for periodical check up once in a year for ADIOMETRY.
you should include audiometry test in a new recruits suppose to be exposed to the noise to record base line data.
for routine pre employment check up you should send them to occcupational health physician.standard tests are as follows.
cbc/Esr
bl.group
s.creatinine
sgpt
rbs
urine routine and micro
Ecg(above 35 y. age group)
stool culture for s. typhi------for direct food handler
X-Ray chest-pa
your occupational health physician may modify according the need of the organisation and employee placement.

From India, Ahmadabad
dipil

@jnpereira
Thanks for raising this question to the forum... It's help me also to learn things...
@Dr. Sanjay
Thanks for your valuable input...
@ All
I am attaching a file containing clause from Maharastra Factories Rules on "Operations Involving High Noise Levels"...Table 2 in the attachment is too cmplex to understand... Can anyone help me in clear understanding the same...The sum of fractions, the calculations and all... Is this values in the table plays a role in selecting the Ear Protectors?

From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc High Noise Levels.doc (46.0 KB, 194 views)

dr.sanjay

dear dipilkumar,
to make it simple follow my 1st comment.ear protection is selected on the basis of exposure level and duration of exposure. simple way if the exposure level is v. high use ear muffs. if the level is moderately high use ear plugs.Do`nt go in too much detail....or u will be confused.

From India, Ahmadabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.