Bhavna.B

Dear All,
I have joined this new co. 2 months back & I have seen, in our old Appointment letters notice period clause while resignation is not mentioned, means if employee wants to leave company he can leave, without giving any notice.
Now I have changed the format but the problem is what action should take about those employees whom we have already issued appointment letters, surprising thing is, I have checked in database that most of the seniors & managers too have same old appointment letters.
In such situation, what should I do?
Pls advice me.
Regards,
Bhavna.

From India, Mumbai
Ajay Ambewadikar
Hi Bhavna,
the change in appiontment letter is changing in service condition, which is not accepatble in law unless notified. but my suggestion would be without going in to litigation and all, just annaounce the circular as policy of the company about the same. in this case doing something will be better than doing nothing !
Regards,
Ajay

From Sweden
kgsreejith

hi...
Those appointment letter issued can't be changed. But you can always change companys policy. Issue new appointment letter to all new joiners and an internal notice should be passed informing all employees the new H. R. Policy.
Sreejith

From India, New Delhi
amalshere

Earlier lot of appointment letters used to be very simple. Over the period due to various experiences many clauses started to get introduced in appointment letter. Every company have started issuing fresh letter for revised terms & condition keeping the employment status the same, or issuing the same during the increments with revised designation and increased salary.
I am attaching one of the form to be issued to existing staff with almost all the terms covered. Hope this will help you. My advice will be try to introduce it during increment with proper consultation with the senior management.
Thanks & Regards
Amal Shere

From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc draft_applettermgtexisting_staff_lp_170.doc (83.5 KB, 651 views)

Bhavna.B

Thanks all,
For such a valuable suggessions, but the thing is though I will issue some service rules, will this people accepts it? Is there any solution where I dont need to ask for their acceptance.
Regards,
Bhavna

From India, Mumbai
richa_ferns

if you issue a circular stating, with immediate effect, any employee wishing to leave the company will be required to give a one month notice or compensation there of. Similarly if the company wishes to terminate an employee will give one month notice or compensation thereof. This policy will not be applicable, should an employee be terminated on disciplinary grounds.
Hope the above helps.
Richa

From India, Pune
venky108

Dear Bhavna
Good day!
There are two ways of looking at it.
Call for a management meeting and elaborate this with full details.
Plan of action to be approved by management.
Prepare the policy and ask the CEO or any senior to send it to all.
OR
Make a HR manual and give a dictum that the new manual overrides the old provisions.
cheers
venkat

From India, Madras
Bhavna.B

Dear All,
Thanx for all your valuable suggestions! Well I have discussed this with my MD n we have decided to issue circular stating the requirement with immediate effect.
This site is realy helpful.
Regards,
Bhavna

From India, Mumbai
Veenakaverappa
Dear Bhavna,
Before you could circulate a notice try speaking to key employees/old employees /DL about a new policy.Speak to them about the new policy get their confidence on this and then go ahead.This will help in conveying the message smoothly.

Regards,
Veena

From India
pradiptadatta

In my opinion you make a new policy (as others said it allready) stating the changes. Make it approved by competent authority. Folowing steps may be taken wihle shoot it:
1 - Live it compan's own intranet along with other policies / Notice board
2- Take a signature of all concerned employees on the hard copies . You can circulate the same thro HODs and ask them to routed it to the concerned departmental employees and redirect the same to you for record.
3- Keep all available receipt signature in employees service file. Very important.
Regards,

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.