No Tags Found!

docbkmurthy
Dear Friends
I am some one new to HR, but need to work with them all the time.
I need help to understand these terms better. I would like you all to clearly explain me the following terms
  1. Mission
  2. Vision
  3. Goals
  4. Objectives
  5. Service Standards(I would like to learn about 20 words that can be used to describe the service standards in a Health Care Organization)
  6. Strategic Plans
  7. Operational Plans
It is not that I am unaware of the meaning of these terms , but what I would like to do is to listen to experts rather than learn it form a book

I would also love to receive and view contents and presentations regarding " Soft Skills " that pertain to employees working in a HCO.
[COLOR=Blue][B]
Regards

From India, Madras
avsjai

Hi Docbkmurthy
You can make a search in the board for the various words you have mentioned.
About service standards in HCO pl see the following link:
http://www.wbhealth.gov.in/health_sc..._Standards.pdf
AVS

From India, Madras
docbkmurthy
Dear MR AVSJAI
I looked up the link. I downloaded a version of NABH standards for SHCO and a watered down version of NABL document of standards.
I have also looked through all the available 'similar topics' list None of them seem to really answer my question. Most of them are below par.
I am actually an NABH assessor for Hospitals.
One of the objective elements in HRM Chapter says that " All employees are oriented to the service standards of the organization" ( HRM 2 e )
I instinctively understand what is the service standard regarding delivery of medical and nursing care.
The guide book for this element advices the HCO to develop benchmarks for its services.
In addition it goes on to say that the HCO should also focus on development of soft skills
Viz. behavior, attitude, communication skills etc.
This why I wanted HR experts like you to come up with certain adjectives that could be associated with these characteristics.
Probably it is a mundane topic and not many are too interested!!
Regards and Thanks
DR B Krishnamurthy
MD DA FRCA
Chennai

From India, Madras
rao.ragvendra

Hi Murthy.. Pls find attached HR Dictionary for ur reference
From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf HR_DICTIONARY.pdf (114.7 KB, 707 views)

avsjai

Dear docbkmurthy

I have tried to give few of my thoughts which will give more clarity to you.

Mission: The mission simply answers the question “Why do we exist?” The mission articulates the organization’s purpose both for those in the organization and for the public. A mission statement is a brief description of a company's fundamental purpose.

Vision: The vision statement answers the question, “Where do we want to go?” A vision statement is a brief description of a company's direction in reaching in specific times.

Goals and Objectives:

Goals and Objectives are statements that describe what your Vision Statement will accomplish, or the results that will be achieve. Goals are high level statements that provide overall context for what the Vision Document is trying to achieve. Objectives are lower level statements that describe the specific, tangible products, that will be delivered.

Service Standards:

Value addition,Value creation,Empathy,Health-Cost benefit,Patient,s Perception,Lateral thinking in diagnosis,Patient Psycology,…… are the few examples that can be considered for benchmarking.These were given at random only. As your needs are ‘industry-specific’,give an example,so that more factors can be explored.

Strategic Plans:

Very simply put, strategic planning identifies where the organization wants to be at some point in the future and how it is going to get there. The "strategic" part of this planning process is the continual attention to current changes in the organization and its external environment, and how this affects the future of the organization. Skills in strategic planning are critical to the long-term success of your organization.

Operational Plans:

Operational Plan is the part of your completed Strategic Plan. It defines how you will operate in practice to implement your action and monitoring plans – what your capacity needs are, how you will engage resources, how you will deal with risks, and how you will ensure sustainability of the project’s achievements.

Hope these inputs will be useful to you.

Regards

AVS

From India, Madras
docbkmurthy
Excellent
I am compiling a document aptly paraphrased
"Deft definitions"
I will post it once ready
In service standards related to health care industry, I was looking at words like " compassion, empathy, sympathy" and the like
Can you help?
Thanks

From India, Madras
avsjai

Dear Doc.Murthy I wish ur 'Deft Definitions' to come soon. On standards,I will post soon as I got ur idea now Regards AVS
From India, Madras
avsjai

Dear Doc.Murthy
I suggest few of the chrateristics that may be suitable for formulating standards:
Conscious
Consequences
Consistent
Courage
Crisis
Devotion
Devotion
Empathy
Excellence
Experience
Hygiene
Gesture
Morality
Mulitiple.Intellegence
Perception
Pride
Proactive
Respect
Silence
Sympathy
Understanding
Tolerence
Frankness
Zero defect etc

Regards

AVS

From India, Madras
docbkmurthy
Just saw this Will chew on it and come back Have been busy with assessments Hence did not work on definitions Hope to do it tomorrow
From India, Madras
docbkmurthy
Have attached a list of definitions Will love to hear comments
From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Organisational definitions relevant to an HCO.doc (35.5 KB, 64 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.