No Tags Found!

ASGOKHALE
Hi,
My boss has asked me to conduct a 1-hour training session to about 100 people who (in batches of course) for all the employees in the organisation. This will test my skill at presentations and content.

Can you guys please help in collating the information like any ppts for English speaking (their grammar is pretty bad and the management “wishes” to refine it!) can you think of any games that we can play during the session will not only be in line with the topic of discussion but will also make the session live, interactive interesting and engaging.

The age group of the employees is between 30-50 and the level is medium.

I am confused as to where to start. I know that if it’s too theoretically I will be put them to sleep!

Please help

From India, Mumbai
nashbramhall

Dear ...
What is the purpose of this training? From you first statement it appears as though it is to test your "skill at presentations and content.".
Please state the batch size of your sessions. You cannot have a proper interactive training session for large groups.
Are you trying to improve their grammar? If so, one session will not be enough.
Till such time as we know the aim and objectives it's not possible to give you concrete advice.
Have a nice day.
Simhan

From United Kingdom
phaniacp

Dear Friend, find some time to call me on 9966997994 I can give you suggestions over phone for this. call me after 8.pm Phani
From India, Warangal
ASGOKHALE
Actually it’s both.
1. The want to know whether I can actually conduct a training session for the employees.
2. The want to know/see how these employees will take it ( this group will be small the mock one)
3. I am fully aware that one session is not enough that’s because its "grammar" and its an never ending, on going process.
4. This session will basically help the “big boss” understand the feel of the entire training session: trainer, participants, content and delivery.
Thanks,
Avanti

From India, Mumbai
Se2588
hai Asgokhale ,
presenting english grammar to a batch of age grp 30 -50 is not gonna be easy.
you might get videos on english language and basic work sheets which can be done and discussed during the session. you can also do a presentation on what are the often made mistakes and how to avoid it. that would be more interesting than a starting with the basics. its just a suggestion:)

From India, Madras
mahadevan_thampi
Dear Asgokhale,
There is nothing to be worried in this.
Just keep on watching NDTV 24x7 which will automatically improve your skills.
This is the simplest solution for you without spening a single paisa.
Belive me and try it. Keep us updated on the outcome.
thanks.

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
shivani.kaul

Training for non speakers should be ideally this:
Plan for the training:

•All the attendees will introduce themselves in English.
•Will circulate book or newspaper and ask people to read that loudly.
•We can give topics to the Trainees and they would be given 5 mins to prepare and 1 min to speak about it.
•Ask them to carry a dictionary. learn 5 new words daily and can write those words with meaning.Investing in a good dictionary is important.
•They would be asked to read English newspaper or a book on daily basis loudly for 15-20 mins at home.
•Include English songs or videos & ask them questions regarding the clips.
•Watch English news on daily basis(NDTV 24/7).
•Float any interesting topic & we would encourage for discussions & debates.
•Assignments would be given to present a particular topic and then in the next training session trainees would present their topic without the help of paper.
•English movies with sub titles could be shown to them.

Try this when you are starting the training sessions.

From India, Vadodara
rajesh tandon

HELLO
ITS a good opportunity to you the first and foremost thing is that grammar topic cannot be in your agenda as you are only having one hour so the better thing is that you can only give them a uniform direction of how to speak english rather than making them speak in one hour you should act like a catalyst in giving them good ideas and motivate them in such a manner that english is a simple language and you can speak it
RAAJESH TANDON

From India, Bharat
seshagiri rao yarlagadda
hai Asgokhale ,
presenting english grammar to a batch of age grp 30 -50 is not gonna be easy.
you might get videos on english language and basic work sheets which can be done and discussed during the session.

From India, Hyderabad
Ameena Tabassum
Hey, Maybe this can be of a little help!! Regards Tabassum.
From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Parts of speech...doc (52.0 KB, 463 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.