No Tags Found!

vikyboby

Respected All,

I need your urgent intervention and opinion on the matter which I am going through. I had joined the present organisation (The Calcutta Medical Research Institute) on May, 13, 2008 as a senior executive systems with a salary of Rs. 10,000 p.m. nearly as much I was getting in my previous organisation, just because the organisation is nearby to my house as well as a big banner.
If you require than I can mail you my KRA but in a nut shell I am responsible for MIS, Vendor & Asset Management of IT in the organisation as well as Hardware, Software and Human ware Management to provide the support to the organisation.
Almost more than one year I had given more than 12 hrs a day to arrange all the things, and worked on holidays as I live nearby to have an appreciable increment. But I got only Rs. 500 in return and was assured that in the next run it will change.
Inspite of that I tried to keep the sprit and the same thing of Rs. 500 this year also.

The same thing has happened to others in the department and they being young and with good potential started quitting.

Today my HOD has asked me about my expected salary.

Will you please help me in the process of decision making that what should be my expected salary at the earliest?

My CV is attached herewith for your kind persual and necessary action

Regards

pradip kumar singh - 9831428875

From India, Calcutta
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc cv 170710.doc (64.5 KB, 20 views)

priya420

For first job u should see role & responsibility not salary See the growth in the field and make some targets and see future is all yours
From India, Hyderabad
tajsateesh

Hello Pradip,

Pl confirm WHY do you think your boss asked you your expected salary?

There isn't any hard & fast rule that the salary raises should be this-much or that-much after 1/2/yrs. It varies from company to company AND ALSO from dept to dept in the same company.

You have mentioned that all the others too in your dept were given the same increase. What about other depts? Try to get those facts discretely. Then your comparision could be more realistic.

POSSIBILITY-1: If you find that the other depts are being given higher figures, most likely the culture in your company could be pointing to a lack of understanding of the IT dept's role in the organisation in today's world [meaning they must be 20 yrs back].

POSSIBILITY-2: AND if you find that the other depts too are given the same figures, no point fighting or even asking for higher amounts--since there seems to be an unwritten policy of giving Rs. 500 all thru.

Next, I agree with priya420 to an extent--the extent being IF you aren't being taken advantage of. This should be exposed if POSSIBILITY-1 is the general practice.

Coming to your boss's query, just mention to him that 'he will be the best judge of your work'. Try to avoid putting any figure on your expectations--reason being: this could [PL NOTE 'COULD'--not WOULD] be a ruse to know your pulse, especially since you mentioned that many have quit. If you mention a figure beyond what he [or the company] has in mind, they will conclude that you could be the next guy to leave--you can understand the possible changes in the work-environment later. So better be on the safe-side. Allow them to com-out with the figures--in a way this will also give you an indication on how they view the IT dept [even after they watch so many guys leave & still want to limit the raises to Rs. 500, that says a lot about the management culture there].

In which case, just keep doing your work with dedication AND begin to look-out for better opportunities--the reason I said 'with dedication' is this: the cardinal rule from a professional ought to be--never allow your opinion about the management to effect your work. It's your work that will get you a better job later--not what you think of the management/boss.

ALL THE BEST.

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.