No Tags Found!

Sarath_Kumar
Dear sir/madam,
I am currently pursuing my Masters in Human Resource Management in D.G.Vaishnav College, Chennai and am doing my final year dissertation on the topic 'Challenges in Managing an Ageing Workforce'.

From India, Madurai
Sarath_Kumar
Dear sir/madam,

I am currently pursuing my Masters in Human Resource Management in D.G.Vaishnav College, Chennai and am doing

my final year dissertation on the topic 'Challenges in Managing an Aging Workforce'.

In order to correlate information from theoretical papers to real life practices, I have devised an interview schedule

(Please find attached the same). The study aims to gather information on organizations' position on older workers,

the perception of older workers, flexible working conditions and training

The research will,

* Identify the views of Aging Workforce

* Evaluate the age related issues in the organization's overall diversity strategy

* Help to understand the influence of motivation on job performance among the older employees

* Examine the co-existence of multiple generations in the workforce

* Identify the perception of older workers towards technological innovation and process improvements

To enable me validate this study, your input as an experienced practitioner, would be greatly appreciated in the

completion of this study by March 2010.

All responses will be kept confidential. Reports will not name any specific person or organization.

Responses can be returned via:

Sincerely

Sarath Kumar

From India, Madurai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Interview Schedule.doc (55.0 KB, 702 views)

snewtonjenkins
Dear Mahesh,
Am totally amazed seeing you. I think you almost know everything about HR. Can you please give me your personal mail id so that i can contact you. My mail id is
Thanks & Regards
S. Newton Jenkins

From India, Madras
Mahr

Dear Newton Jenkins, That was more than appreciation. Anyway my mail id is maheshb79 at gmail dot com. ;)
From India, Bangalore
aashimasheikh
Hi , I hope i am not to late for the input.:)
I have worked in a situation where I have handled very senior trainers(ageing professionals).Basically I was a center head in a training company and had senior faculty members reporting in to me(Retired professionals) . Here are some bullet points that will give you an insight on ground realities.
1- Senior Professionals are generally not open to learning as young professionals are. So be prepared to face face some stiff resistance when you are planning to introduce something new.However, its your patience , maturity and understanding of the individual that help you get points across.
2- they tend to shy away from use of technology because they are not comfortable with the idea of appearing "backward '. Its mostly a complex. treat it with sensitivity. ensure a personalized demo in a comfortable environment so that the learning process is effective.
3- Ego- as they are professionals, they expect a certain amount of respect and there are times when they feel that they;know' more. in such cases, make sure you have a discussion at length and explain them the pros and cons of any decision that you are going to implement as a part of the management. Make sure you anticipate their objections and you have thorough knowledge on the subject before the decision is initiated.
4- Respect - Make sure you show your respect in every possible way and show that their opinions are valued and can be implemented if they show the potential to be fruitful in the long term.
5-Clashes- If the group you are working with is large , then there are bound to be ego clashes within the group. Ensure you adopt a fair and neutral stand . Tricky but a desired quality that will come in handy in the long run. Alternatively, if you have the option, try and keep the groups separate in case where there is no hope of truce between the 'major warring groups" :)eg- try and put them in different shifts so that friction is minimised as their paths will not cross often.
6-Build rapport to facilitate conversation and over all communication.
7-Sensitive- Make them feel special and wanted. Give them their share of importance .A small b'day celebration goes a long way in doing that.
8-RnR- Make sure their efforts and achievements are recognised by way of small gestures /felicitations/certificates.
9-Share new information with them so they are abreast with the new innovations and can utilise them confidently.
10 - Most important-always have review sessions with them , on a one to one basis
and also in a group review.
hope this helps:)
good luck .

From India, Mumbai
kpshabare

Hi there,
I have been working in a situation which is the topic of ur project. May be the following wil be useful:
(a) There might be lethargy in the people to, which needs to be dealt with tact and maturity.
(b) Always respect the elderly, atleast in public.
(c) The elderly wud not want to part with his ideas and knowledge easily, so u have to reinvent urself contineously till u gauge the other person.
(d) Remember, nothing works better than one to one speaking n taking key people into confidence.
(e) Always pep up the group mood with informal meetings etc, to keep a tab on the group sentiment.
(f) I know all these activities are not easy always.
May be the a/m inputs help u.
rgds
shabare

From India, Bhubaneswar
nagaraj1946

in my work experience i have come across both the stages, my reading is as follows;
- v know everything attitude
- v have already done it
- ego
- there is no need to learn from book worms, we have done practically
- we have comeup hardway, not just by qualification
- illness, fatigue
- averse to change
- juniors may overtake us
- why we should v co-operate,
- not adjusing to the circumstances

From India, Bangalore
Sarath_Kumar
Am very happy to see the kind of response i’ve got for my post. I would like to thank everyone for your valuable inputs. It was indeed very much useful to me. Sincerely, Sarath.
From India, Madurai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.