MONIKA SAPRA

Dear All,
Today I need a advice from all experienced people, actually I am not satisfied with my job, I am not geeting opportunities for further growth or learning, i am not a person who is having fear of hard work, in my current job I am not getting appreciation as well as path to grow,that is why I need suggestions that should I continue with my job or switch over from that.
thanks

jayant.naharwal
Dear Ms Monika,
Speak first with your immediate and 2nd level supervisor about not getting any new learning or growth. It is perfectly acceptable for an employee to approach the one up or two supervisor for professional growth issues. Feel free to contact me for further guidance and counselling on your growth part that you can negotiate with your boss.

From India, Delhi
kunal2kk
Dear Monika Try to understand one thing you must change ur belief first..look at what you are talking???
It's all those things which you don't want...then why you are speaking about it??
Speak only those things which you want............and one day you will get why i was tallking like this........

From India, Thana
kunal2kk
May be you are trying too hard for these things... Kunal Kamble HR-Executive Jin-X healthcare 9833638645
From India, Thana
arpitjain037

Dear Monika
This is my point of view that you need to confirm that whatever you are doing is come under whatever you want ,and if your responsibilities are not according to your level then definitely you must change your job .because job satisfaction is very important & if you are not satisfy with your job then you need to take a very cool decision .

Regards
Arpit Zen

From India, Delhi
Bhardwaj Ramesh

Dear Monika,

It is not clear for how long you are serving your present company. You know stability matters. However, if you are not getting appreciation or growth path you may try the following moddel :

DEARMAN MODEL

DESCRIBE

Describe the situation when necessary - sometimes it isn't stick to the facts and no judgmental statements .

"I've been working here for 2 years now and haven't received a raise, even though my performance reviews have always been positive"

EXPRESS

Express feelings/opinions about the situation clearly.

describe how you feel or what you believe about the situation.

don't expect the other person to read your mind or know how you feel give a brief reason for making your request.

"I believe that I deserve a raise."

ASSERT

Assert your wishes.

Ask for what you want.

Say no clearly.

REINFORCE

Reward people who respond positively to you when you ask for something, say no or express an opinion.

Sometimes it helps to reinforce people before they respond to your question by telling them the positive effects of getting what you want or need.

The basic idea here is that if people do not gain form complying with a request, at least some of the time, they may stop responding in a positive way

"I will be a lot happier and probably more productive if I get a salary that reflects my value to

the company."

"Thanks for being so understanding. I really appreciate it."

STAY MINDFUL

Keep your focus on your objectives in the situation

Maintain your position

Don't be distracted on to another topic

APPEAR CONFIDENT

Confident tone of voice

Confident physical manner

Appropriate eye contact

No stammering, whispering, staring at the floor, etc...

How confident to act in a situation is a judgment call. There is a fine line between appearing arrogant, and appearing too apologetic.

NEGOTIATE

Be willing to give to get

Offer and ask for alternate solutions

Reduce your request

Some people have really good skills themselves, and keep refusing your legitimate requests, or pestering you to do something you don't want to do.

*Use the same "DEAR MAN" skills, but change the focus to the current interaction.

With best wishes

Bhardwaj Ramesh

From India, New Delhi
suri04in
Dear Monica,
I am exactly in the same situation as yours. I decided to quit my current job so I did the same but looking back thats the worst thing i have ever done in my life. Everybody gives importance only when ur in the right path. So just carry on with your job search which suits your profile and be in current job for time being.
"Don’t Give Up: It’s A Hurdle, Not A Brick Wall"
My Best Wishes
Suresh Allu
waiting to print my company name

From India, Delhi
anonymous.anonymous663
I think you are in catch22 situation. Nowadays, all kinds of wrong practices are being followed by some of the Employers HR club. The moment employers come to know that their you are looking out for a job outside. They pro-actively shares data about you to the same domain companies that "you are an average performer/ or hesitant to take additional responsibility and so on". This effectively cuts down the prospect of better job opportunities outside and will be indirectly forced to stay within your organization.
From India, Bangalore
smartsomas
Dear Monika
This is the scenario faced by all employees at some point of thier life time , dont be nervous.
I am sure you have leave this brand and search for new oppurtunity , but can you assure that the same do not repeats else where ?
So be stubborn , things will change in soon.
Good Luck
Soma

From India, Hyderabad
krishan Dhiman
Hi
First Point is that you should not leave the Org until you get the new job.
2ndly Dont wait from appriciation from others, Just be self motivated. i know you would say that it is all theory but it is ture dear.
"We got hurt when we dont get as per our expectations".
Dont expect so whatever you will achieve you will be happy in that.
Nobody can assure you that your next company will recognise your job as
per your expectations.
"It Is Very Difficult to change the World, So change yourself"
I Have worked with MNC (S Korea) for 12 years & It was the Best Work place to work with (Truly speaking) But i Joined a Small Group so that i can utilize my learning for my Growth. Now i am Very much Happy.
So just believe in you & Try to ignour Negetive things around you.
Feel free to cal if you need to discuss more.
Hav a Nice Day.
Krishan Dhiman
AGM Manf Innov Group
(G. Noida)

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.