Hiren50

Sachin Tendulkar’s remark on how he was an Indian first despite being a proud Maharastrian and how Mumbai belongs to India got a sharp retort from Mr Bal Thackeray. It promopted me to look into a book about pride building skills for motivation in the context of Management. Normally when one thinks of motivation, one thinks of inspiration or Herzberg’s theory. In my view, real pride comes from Performance(and not any parochial identity) which is the main theme of the book. The article begins with Sachin and ends with Shahrukh Khan who gave a wonderful interview post 26/11 on how work and work alone should determine an individual’s identity. Incidentally "Working Identitiy" by Herminia Ibarra happens to be a wonderful book in congruence with the follow your heart theme of 3 idiots Movie which I posted earlier.

This article is published in the January 2010 of the magazine Management compass. .Pdf attached.

From India, New Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Pride January 2010.pdf (64.7 KB, 83 views)

ksa04

I have started reading lateral moves so little time to respond but just wanted to ensure you are not alice in wonderland...
From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.