No Tags Found!

meenu mehra
Hi, Plz could someone explain the concept of "Attitude and Behavior" in Org. are they same or different? meenu
From India, Jaipur
vrajeev

Attitudes are definitely different from behavior.
Attitudes are precursors to behavior- they define the nature and direction of behavior. Example: If you have a positive attitude towards me, your behavior would also be of a positive nature and vice versa. customer attitude surveys are conducted by companies to predict buyer behavior.
Behavior on the other hand, is the perceptible output of your personality influenced by your beliefs, values and attitudes.
I hope I am clear enough to you.

From India
GEEK
A very good Question must say, I too was bitten by this Bug a few years ago and now when you asked the question I seam to have the answer for myself at least

Attitude or Approach, Outlook, stance whatever you call it hear is how it works

Now let’s take this Example, If I were to look at the world through a Green Glass (Acting as a Filter) Everything would appear green to me, If Someone were dress in white they* appears Green to me Coz that’s the way I look at my World and my “Behavior” to a Great extent would be based on how “I” Look at things.

A few basic Factors That Controls Behavior

1) Instincts (What Comes Naturally)

2) Social and Cultural Influences

3) Beliefs

4) Genetics

5) Experience

6) “Attitude” which could be a Result of 1,2,3 & 4

All these against a Scenario the individual is subjected to

If a Stranger were to Slap Me How would I react?

I would Kick the Living Daylights Out of that person, I WOULD NOT ask why first, I wouldn’t Forgive, I wouldn’t Let it Go even if I couldn’t Put up a Fight

But, how would Gandhi have reacted?

And now ask yourself why? Follow the “Behavior” Backwards…..

This the Best Possible way I could put the point across!

From India, New Delhi
asifnaqvi
It’s a good question Attidue is basically internal it deals with your thoughts and emotions but behavior is external you’ll behave as per your emotional conditions
From United Arab Emirates, Sharjah
KDRAJASAHIB

Dear Meenu, Sending you a ppt on attitude. It also depicts behaviour. Attitude always impacts one’s behaviour. Hope it helps! Cheers karan :D
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pps attitude__positive_thinking_101.pps (290.5 KB, 1301 views)

shikhasahai

Attitude is refelected in behaviour.... A precedes B.... + Attitude leads to +ve Behaviour Cheers Shikha Sahai
From India, New Delhi
Sanjeev.Himachali

Broadly speaking,
Your Attitude is the way you perceive the thing, situation or circumstances.
Your Behaviour is the way you react to those things, situations and circumstances.
Hope this will help.
Regards
Sanjeev Sharma
(Blog: http://sanjeevhimachali.blogspot.com/)

From India, Mumbai
RV

Hi Meenu,
"Attitude" could broadly de defined as judgements concerning objects, people or events.
Attitude has
- Belief Component
- Emotional/Feeling Component &
- Behavioral Component- Intention of behaving in a particular dimension
Attitude shapes an individual's behavior.
For eg
Person with a positive attitude towards "Initiative" may hold a belief that taking initiatives to take on additional responsibilities add more learning and in turn enhances worth of an individual.
In terms of behavior, such person would be seen as taking on more responsibilities and would be perceived as "Having positive attitude towards work and shouldering additional responsibilities".
Hope this helps.
Tx,
Rajesh

From India, Mumbai
meenu mehra
Dear All, Thanx alot for helping me as it has clear my doubts on Behavior & attitude. thanx meenu
From India, Jaipur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.