asapna

Dear Friends, Worth taking time to view this… Regards, Sapna
From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pps HeartAttack1.pps (167.0 KB, 2370 views)

nashbramhall

Certainly not a valid claim according to How to Survive a Heart Attack When Alone Hoax
Please check for validity or consult a doctor before posting such posts, which you receive by email.
Simhan

From United Kingdom
chitraeshwaran

Dear everybody,

I agree with Simhan. Please consult a doctor before posting such posts, which you receive by email. Its the question of human life. There are lot of controversies about the article in the ppt. Pl Pl confirm it with the doctor first before forwarding to all your friends.

I wanted to educate my employees on it. So made an enquiry.

Not a valid claim according to, "Can coughing save your life during a heart attack? - Self-CPR ..." also. (Google)

Article: Can 'Cough CPR' Save Your Life During a Heart Attack?

Netlore Archive: Self-CPR? According to this 1999 email rumor, you can save your own life during a heart attack ... by coughing

Comments: This message gives the impression that the technique described has the endorsement of Rochester General Hospital and Mended Hearts, Inc., a heart attack victims' support group. It does not. Although the text was first published in a Mended Hearts newsletter, the organization has since retracted it. Rochester General Hospital played no part in the creation or dissemination of the message, nor does it endorse its contents.

Dear Sapna, do not feel hurt. This is not to offend you, but I care for everybody.

From India, Bangalore
nive

Dear Simhan,
the information shared by sapna is valid, as last year, I had organised a workshop with for for stress management/cum medical services, which was facilitated by one of the very renowed doctor from noida, and he share the same method for heart attack.
it is ofcourse not the only existing method, but one of the effective thing to do for such conditions.
and dear sapna thanx alot for sharing the information specially in the comprehensive pps form.
regards!
Nivedita

From India, Delhi
chitraeshwaran

Dear Simhan,
We both just wanted everyone to confirm if it is really true before following it because we care for them and we had heard a lot of controversies about it. To be very clear our intention is not to defend anyone. It was a suggestion from our side. If anyone feels it is a true information, let them follow it.
Everybody, Have a happy weekend.

From India, Bangalore
nashbramhall

Dear Nivedita,
Our daughter is a qualified General Practitioner (Family doctor) in UK. When I had sent her a similar mail, she had told me off for not checking with doctors before sending her the mail. We know over 20 doctors in our friends' circle and no one subscribes to that practice.
As Chitra has pointed out it is up to individuals to check the validity of such claims.
Have a nice day.
Simhan

From United Kingdom
ravi ranjan

thanks for a very helping ppt ,people like u really help our nation in letting people aware and informed . keep on posting and letting world aware .once more thanks.
From India, Delhi
Mudaliar

Coughing Won't Fend Off a Heart Attack

Despite a contagious rumor, coughing doesn't prevent a heart attack. An e-mail that spread around the world like a contagious disease a few years ago claimed that anyone who feels heart attack symptoms while alone should cough "repeatedly and very vigorously, repeating a breath about every two seconds…until help arrives, or (a normal heartbeat returns)."

Wrong, says the American Heart Association.

"It's right up there with voodoo as far as I'm concerned," says Dr. Cary Fishbein, a cardiologist with the Dayton Heart Center.

The coughing technique known as "cough CPR" has been used in hospitals by physicians to treat sudden irregular heartbeats in monitored patients during cardiac catheterization procedures. In this case, a responsive patient who develops a sudden irregular heartbeat could possibly maintain blood flow to the brain and remain conscious for a few seconds if they cough vigorously and forcefully while being directed by a physician.

But traditional CPR is not used to treat heart attack victims who remain conscious - but only if the heart attack if followed by cardiac arrest, the American Heart Association says.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.