No Tags Found!

scare_crow

DEAR ALL....
LOT OF MY FRIENDS SAY THAT H.R PEOPLE LACK THE ENTERTAINMENT VALUE..... THE ARE FRUSTRATED IN LIFE....THEY REASON WHY THEY ARE THAT WAY IS " THEY DO THE SAME WORK EVERYDAY...THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CHALLENGE" SOMEHOW OVER A PERIOD OF TIME EVEN I AM FEELING THE SAME WAY THAT "LIFE IS BECOMING LESS CHALLENGING" AND IAM BURNING OUT FAST.
I WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOUR VIEWS ON THE TOPIC....
IS THIS REALLY TRUE..IF ... YES... HOW TO OVERCOME ALL THIS :?:
LOVE YOU GUYZ
REGARDS
VISHAL

From India, Mumbai
jayavelk_mba

hi vishal
I like to suggest you on this statement that HR people are Boring? .
The statement what you state is wrong. the major challenges faced in the organisation is only be the HR people i the organisation. HR manager are nowadays very much worried about the attrition rate and other new challenges like workforce diversity, innovation and other aspects. when they have such challenges, the problem here is they have to be active and should know all the things around and they dont have routine activities.Also they have to meet and manage people and not other assets of the organisation, and since people are changing, the job of HR is also changing.
the next thing is like HR people doesnot have any entertainment value. Obviously i cannot suggest on this topic since I am a student and also i am not well aware of this. The regard is like entertainment differs from person to person and not departments
hope my answer replied tour question
with ragards
jayavel.k

From India, Madras
sreenivasan

i think jayvelk is given some good points as answer. few top people wil tell that the people are happy in an organisation then it say the HR is also happy. so as far as i have seen hr in the organisation i donot think so they are feeling bored with their work or say they feel they donot have entertainment. if it is boring then hr oursouring job would have gone down.. the pressure on hr has increased a lot that is damn sure due to more people oriented growth is much need in each industry for self growth.. so HR faces uses many experienments and if a company is running well with out any people p[roblem then this is mainly due to HR's control power.. so like this there are many thinks to say about HR and the interesting work they take over
From India, Vadodara
darnleyugbabe
:)I disagree with the notion that HRmanagers are boring.As amanager i always try to put smile onpeople faces.human beign is aproud animal that needs constant appraisal on evry positve effort.So if your employees are properly informed they will be successfully transformed.My believe is that there is no problem without a solution., this apply to all facets of life endeavor.Not only HRmanagers.
thank you. oo

sunayna

i have never heard any such statement
i second everyone...
HR mgrs cant put up a grim face....coz they have to retain n motivate....il run away from the company if my boss is like tht
:wink:
n entertainment value? lol....u mean like singing and dancing? :lol: ...hihihihihih...sorry..cldnt resist. the HR manager wer i worked was charming n smart. he always made it a point to say goodmornin with a huge smile to everyone he met while coming... n i guess was liked by ALL (i dunnno abt his entertainment value)
but i guess ther is no way tht statement is true
hey vishal,,,,who told u this?

From India, Mumbai
numerouno

No - HR people are not boring. Plenty of diversity in what we do. In the last 18 months I have worked on projects to do with recruitment, Occupational Health and safety, Injury Management, Disability as well as the routine aspects of HRpractice.
I love it! Previously I worked in middle management/senior management and a litle time in Executive roles. This was all good too, but HR has been great. Don't think I'm regarded as boring, and my colleagues certainly aren't.
Enjoy what you do - be proud of it!

From Australia, Ballarat
AzmanAA
Well...to me, it depends much on the organisation itself. If the organisation do not a vision and your HR department is merely doing administrative hob then I may agree that you could get into that boring zone.

In general, I wouldn't say HR is anywhere near boring, in fact it is the most interesting journey being a HR practitioner. For one, it is about life. The life of an organisation. You know...the "people makes the organisation" kind of saying....

I've done recruitment between 1986 to 1992. The thing we learn or we experienced in doing these functions are getting the 'right' people in the organisation, trying to fit in the right people into the right position. This is a challenge in itself, there's nothing boring in doing recruitment. You need all the analytical skill to understand the job spec and the men spec before an interview and during the interview I always look forward to meet the next candidate to see whether the next one could be 'the one'.

In 1992 until 1996 I'm involved in the developing and implement a HR system, another interesting area where we work towards dateline, doing data flow, but most of all is looking at how HR functions being translated electronically.

After the project I started doing training, training people how to use the system, training is another interesting area where we need to learn the techniques of disembarking knowledge, not just on the system, but also in HR. That I did for 2 years. Then came the Y2K thing. In HR, I'm involve with Business Continuity Plan where it's criticality is very high. Payment of salary, provide the services of HR to our customer.

In 2000, I again involve in Recruitment, what I thought a boring area (as I've done this before), again it get me excited as these days the people are very much intelligent. The candidate are all about quality and I started to learn more about people all walks of life.

Now I am in Discipline section, which again very interesting. The need to understand the Labour Law, Collective Agreement is a new challenge.

So my work makes me become an interesting person. So many things to talk about. Sometimes I do tend to look boring to certain people because all these years in HR, we tend to 'know' people much more, and to know some are not sincere, some are just plain conmen. Can't help it, it comes with the job, I become a better judge of people by their looks.

So, hop on the wagon, be in HR, learn about ourselves. It's worth it, and most of all...have fun!!!

From Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
soms23

Hi,

I have also come across people from other depts tell that HR is 'Unproductive' but I have not heard of boring. If a person has to be adjudged boring/snob it is his personality and not the influence of the job.

Iam not very sure of the HR in the resourcing dept. but i can definately talk about myself in Core HR. Here whether you like it or not you have to be good to people and put on your smile.

I have lots of respect towards the HR not just because iam in the HR dept but the kind of personality they are required to be. I always compare the job of the HR to the role of a MOTHER.

A Mother even before giving birth she has to be so pure. In the sense that, she feels by doing or thinking negetive it might affect the baby. She has to be so careful just because her baby is secure. Similarly, a HR has to be so pure in mind because if they start feeling or thinking negetive about the company that will start reflecting in their work and hence the whole environment gets diluted.

Day in Day out they have to resolve problems, make the work place a better place to work, see that every body are happy and needs are met. Even a mother takes care of their children in a similar way.

A mother should have a balance between her actual self and the role she is expected to play. She might have lots of feelings like let's party tonight or let me go out with my friends; but then she realises that there are innocent eyes who are longing to see me, to play with me and to love me. Similarly, to an HR there might be so many things in their mind like let me blast my superior if he does not give me a good increment, let me break the rules atleast once and so on. But then suddenly we need to realise that there are somebody who have taken us as their guide. people see you as their mentor since the HR is responsible for peoples careers.

One more thing that is common to both is that They may be have lots of people in the world for them, but they are the world to somebody.

iam sorry if iam too emotional, but i just could not control this.

Regards,

Soumya Shankar

From India, Bangalore
scare_crow

dear soumya,
thanx for your effective views....some encouragement....for people who are burning out....my views were based on what i felt....on the job....& some of my friends who comented on it....i still have to go a long way to understand h.r fully... keep up the good work by posting such nice comments....
regards
vishal

From India, Mumbai
thesysthink

:D Hi !

It all depends on how you tend to perceive a person as a professional .. I may seem boring to you, I may be pleasant and exciting to somebody else ..

You may wish to analyze - (1). Your Perception, (2). Your Expectations, (3). Your Learning & Experience, (4). The Environment, (5). The Work life, (6). The Various Pressure Groups, (7). The Psychological and Behavioural aspects of 'HR Professional' etc. before concluding if someone is 'Really' boring or is it a question of 'Perceptions' and personal points of view ..

I am just giving you example cases .. please try to compare these professions with that of HR .. Accountancy & Finance Control, Civil Engineering, Molecular Biology Research .. can't you find 'boring' professionals in other fields by your own yardsticks ..

Well .. if you have noticed .. we are 'Human' Resource professionals. At times one can tend to be real boring .. I agree ! They exist in all other professions.

Have you read articles of Sunayna (She's in HR) ? Hey Sunayna .. can you forward your Sardaar jokes page please .. :wink:

Dear Soms .. I could not resist differing on just one aspect. I fully agree with you .. . but beg you pardon for saying that HR Professional could be a 'father' also (like me) .. :D

Heartiest regards,

thesysthink

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.