vvk

very good.read it
From India, Hyderabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt gandhi.ppt (471.5 KB, 771 views)

Shanu_shah

Thnx VVK it realy helped me. will let u knw the feedback after i have given the presentation on Oct 2..!!
From India, Ahmadabad
Uday Kodati

It is ggod one and it can be more informatic and please go through the book of my experiments with Truth...it has got best practices of Gandhiji...
Thanks nce again making us aware of his dutifulness in making us live a good life with his hardships...

From India, Srikakulam
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear vvk Thanks for posting an absolutely fantastic, inspirational PPT. However, since it is not your own work/creation; you should have quoted the source. Please do so, now. Warm regards.
From India, Delhi
Kesava Pillai

Dear Friends,

Though Britain and the Empire emerged victorious from the Second World War, the effects of the conflict were profound, both at home and abroad. Much of Europe, a continent that had dominated the world for several centuries, was now in ruins, and host to the armies of the United States and the Soviet Union, to whom the balance of global power had now shifted. Britain was left virtually bankrupt, with insolvency only averted in 1946 after the negotiation of a $3.5 billion loan from the United States the last installment of which was repaid in 2006. In fact Britain had no other way but leave India. And they left. That is the one fact and history.

We know that if anyone encroach our property we will have to fight with them. If any one forcibly occupies our houses we will have to fight with them or die. Netaji tried to fight and England was frightened. They realized that had to go back. Cunning English men put Gandhi in the front and divided the country for their own benefit.

If ahimsa is so good why we have to maintain such a huge army. We deal with Pakistan and China with ahimsa.

“I wanted to be some one important. I went to England to become a barrister. I returned to my native place. I dressed like Britishers. I tried my luck with judiciary. As a lawyer I found myself a total failure. I was forced to take up a contract with a businessman at South Africa to do clerical work. I acted like an important man. I tried to travel with Englishmen in First Class. Unfortunately I was kicked out. I took a pledge. I will revenge. How ever there were no resources. Here I found it easy to fool the poor, ignorant and mostly illiterate people. I mesmerized them with my gimmicks -ahimsa for my selfish motto.

I was so bad. I treated my wife so cruelly. I forced her to clean toilets used by others even. I know that today if some one dares to treat his wife as badly as I did, the fellow will be imprisoned for life. When my wife was ill I did not permit English medicines. But when I fell ill I was to be treated with the same English medicines. I am Mahathma.

I used to sleep naked, along with naked virgins of 12 years and above. When others came to know of this I told them it is an experiment. I did not have any concern for these girl children or their parents. They were my experimental animals.

I treated all others as slaves. I wanted to be the commander in chief. If any one raised their voice I always subdued them. When Netaji was elected President of Congress I left because of that”. There is lot more.

There is something called repression in defense mechanism. The thoughts and deeds which are bad, sorrowful, disgusting, shameful on one’s part which we want to forget for ever. But some how occasionally it comes back to our memory and disturbs us. In a biography no one dare to mention such things. They mention only pleasant things putting one self at a higher level and thus cheat all others. If Gandhi submitted himself for hypnotizing we would have known better.

This is what I read recently.

I had high esteem for Gandhi. However of late the above circulated material makes it a little dull. Those who have studied Gandhi may be able to prove it otherwise. Can any body put some light on these matters and say those things are false propaganda please.

Regards,

Kesava Pillai

From India, Kollam
tajsateesh

Hello Kesava Pillai,

That's a tough call you want to make.

In general, what happens in the background of well-known figures in history depends a lot on WHO is telling, since such details--especially those that cast that particular personality in a poor light [from the society's point of view] aren't made public. A very close friend's version/inputs obviously carry more weight than other typical Historians, since he/she would have a better ringside view of the happenings in that personality's life.

SO UNLESS YOU MENTION THE SOURCE OF WHAT YOU WROTE, ANYONE CAN KEEP GUESSING ON IT'S VERACITY.

Having said that, I think we should also bear in mind that NO HUMAN IS FAULTLESS. Gandhiji too must have been so--though in what way & to what extent will be tough to say. But in a way, Gandhiji was way above the others in admitting his faults. 'My experiments with Truth' proves that beyond doubt. I can't but compare this aspect with the present crop of so-called leaders/politicians, who just challenge everyone to prove that he/she is faultless--hang me if proven guilty was what one great guy said recently on TV [doesn't he know what he did & that his actions were definitely wrong, by legal or ethical standards?].

I don't know of any world figure who so unabashedly admitted his/her faults--even to 10% of what Gandhiji admitted. And the normal human tendency is to hide all such faults even by those close to them. A case in point is the not-so-recent movie that was to be produced by a US/Canadian movie-maker of Jawaharlal Nehru's relationship with Edwina Mountbatten--which was quite well covered by the press of that time. Not sure about the actual truth, but the news has been that even the MEA of the Indian Govt was involved in putting a stop to that Production. After all Nehru can do no wrong !!!

Coming to your comment:"the above circulated material makes it a little dull", I think you will be doing a grave disservice/injustice to Gandhiji if you judge his WHOLE personality based on a few follies of his--even if what have been mentioned are true. All it goes to prove is that Gandhiji too was a human, albeit with many more Positive qualities than many, many other humans who lived & will be living on this Earth.

Well--that's my take on the matter. not sure how many would agree :-)

Rgds,

TS

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.