msanjukta

Dear All,
I am working in a Domestic BPO with a manpower size of 3000 in PAN India. Can anybody guide me on Statutory Compliances.
We are maintining monthly, proper submission of ESI and PF Challans and Attendance Registers at the entrance.
Is there anything else that to be monitored on monthly basis as per the Labour Laws?
What are the important labour laws to be followed related to maintaining registers in all the locations.
Actually yesterday Labour Officer came to our chennai office and asked for some registers that we have never maintained and also asked for some details as per laws to be mainted on the notice board.
He has also claimed for Rs.5000/- or will suit case in the labour court.
Please help to resolve this issue as he will again come on Monday.
Regards,
Sanjukta

From India, Mumbai
malikjs

dear sanjukta
BPO s are requried to follow all the laws applicable to other companies covered under shop and establishment act but BPOS does not follow it.regarding paying of 5000
is not a big issue .whether u maintain registers or donot maintain register that is required to be given to them to maintain relations.
you have maintain all registers required under ESI,PF ,Shop and est act,bonus act ,equal renumerastion act etc.
besides this you have to maintain notice board where you are required to write working hours,name of area insperctor ,rates of minimum wages,payment date
etc.
tks
j s malik

From India, Delhi
msanjukta

Hi Malik,
Thanks for your response, well my company does not want to pay money as they says they are either ready to fight for it.
In that case how should i communicate to this labour officer on Monday. How should I convince him, can you suggest something?
Rgds,
Sanjukta

From India, Mumbai
np5247

hello Sanjukta, I am fully satisfy with mr. malik, thts not part of interest your organisation is liable for the follow statutory compliances. And how they fight for? Regadrs Nilesh
From India, Pune
sandeepgkulkarni

In that case Sanjukta you try and convince the management to sort it out there itself by managing the Lab. Officer which is the best option. Otherwise you have to present all register which he has asked which you don't have. It very clear that you follow the Law, manage it or pay fine.
If you go to court there also the court will ask to present those records and registers which again you don't have it.
How will you & management fight.
This is for reference which was posted by one of our HR folks on cite HR
https://www.citehr.com/90119-must-kn...ant-dates.html
Just search and there many other post which will help you for statutory complaince. Now onwards please do try keep records & registers update.
Regards,
Sandeep Kulkarni.

From India, Vadodara
cb_somashekhar

Sanjukta Find the attached compliance check list, mandatory to maintain. Som
From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls Statutory Compliance Documents.xls (23.0 KB, 8539 views)

msanjukta

Thanks everybody for valid responses.
Also please tell me as per Som's attached list, how we will be maintaining all these registers and books manually on monthly basis, this will consume lot of time.
How does the other organisations maintains it?
Regards,
Sanjukta

From India, Mumbai
R.N.Khola

R/Member,
In fact decision in the matter should be taken by you as these types of matters are to be decided at the top level management. As far as the site of statutory compliance is concerned my comments are as under:

Of course the attempt made is good but at the same time I would like to suggest the members to first decide the appropriate Govt. & then go through the State or Central Rules formats & then finalisethe by which date the return is to be sent & to which Central or State authority. I have also gone through this information/ chart as far as the information of submitting the returns under various labour Laws I have found that the formats relates to Central Govt. This means that where the Establishment is within the perview of Central Govt.then these formats are to used & compliance is to be made accordingly.

Submitted just for information for those who are to sent returns under various Labour Laws.

Regards,

Regards,
R.N.Khola

(Labour Law & Legal Consultants)

From India, Delhi
bunu_roopa

Dear Sanjukta,
It is always better to have the consultant coz' they handle all the compliances right from obtaining registration certificates, maintenance of registers and all the compliances that needs to be followed. Cost if ofcourse involved but you do not have to cut a sorry figure in front of the labour authorities. I work for a company which has presence all over India with employee strengt of 8000. I'm able to manage compliance without any hitch with the help of my consultants.. My sincere advise is to appoint a consultant and leave the rest to them. I can share the details of them if you so require.

From India, Madras
cmsingh12345

Dear All, Pls find compliance sheet.This may be usefull to all. With Regards, Chandramani H Singh
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: xls StatutoryCompliance.XLS (234.0 KB, 2784 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.