No Tags Found!

Mubeena

Dear colleagues,

I'd like to start up a dialogue regarding this model I created, and trying to refine as I get more experience in the OD field. I would value all your feedback and maybe even create this model together with you!

I am happy to share with you a model I've been working on for achieving strategic organizational success with an Human Resources Management System. It is being continuously developed and refined as I gain more work experience, conduct research to test it, through my extensive readings, and my conversations with professionals in the field. I created this model based on my assessment of key areas, philosophies, thought processes, and actions required for ongoing growth and success in an organization.

The model is made up of three main dimensions to an organization’s success. Within these are a list of what I call “Essential Elements”. I am currently working on a white-paper that goes more into detail about how I envision this model to be put into practice, and the philosophical justification for the Essential Elements in each of the following dimensions:

· “Set-Up”: Comprising of the elements that make up an organization’s physical structure, bureaucratic systems, processes, and the numerical strength of its human capital. A sound ‘Set-Up’ is required to be able to practice and implement business innovations, proper execution of processes, utilization of talent, and the generation of new ideas for the future.

· “Philosophy”: The most important facet that drives any organization and its people is thought process. How each individual thinks and feels surely affects their motivation levels, commitment to themselves and the company, and sophisticated thought and action. ‘Philosophy’ not only covers individual thought, but encompasses the entire organization’s reason to exist. Deep, fundamental questions need to be answered before strategizing for the next phase of success. Most importantly, as organizations constantly need to change, so will their ‘Philosophy’. However, this binds everything you do in the organization, and should foster your vision, mission, strategy, systems, processes, and should pervade every aspect in your organization. ‘Philosophy’ in organizations will be created, changed, and refined by ethical responsibility principles that do not change.

· “Action”: Action is the reason organizations are successful. Coupled with efficient ‘Set-Up’ and ‘Philosophy’, ‘Action’ is the engine that moves the entire system to new levels. Here, I have incorporated some of my work in the areas of HR Management into key actions so that you can get an idea as to where my underlying thoughts are in regards to HR functions.

As you can see, I personally believe that having to live and work in a global world within varying socio-political situations, I place much emphasis on value-systems driving business. I have taken the liberty to assume that ethical practice and responsibility will lead to genuine business growth and results. No matter what its business or vision, organizations must feel a commitment to their market and act with excellence in service to the customer they provide for. Profit will thus be a by-product via the loyalty and support of your customer-base. In a world of conflict and controversy today, the onus is on businesses to genuinely care about meeting an essential need of everyday people. The development of an ethical value system is indeed the foundation of this HRM Strategic Success Model.

With regards,

Mubeena Mohd, M.A.

www.mubeena.net

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt hrm_strategic_success_model_326.ppt (25.5 KB, 813 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.