vke
Respected Seniors, this question may look common but its very important for me, Kindly reply to it...
For a successful Recruitment company, what should be important to follow?
Recruitment Company should stick to a particular industry (Expertise in that Industry)
Or
Recruitment Company should stick to the requirements (open to work for all Industries)
Regards
VKE

From India, Delhi
dheerajgoyal

Hi I’m a complete novice but in my opinion Its better to start off in a specific area and then later on grow your expertise to other areas as well.. Regards Dheeraj :roll:
From India, Calcutta
Swapna

Hi,
As per my knowledge -
A recruiting company need not stick to a particular industry.
It is like Demand and Supply Policy.
Since IT/ITES are in boom,most of the Firms go for recruiting in these industries.There are companies who recruit for other type industries and mint money as well.It all depends on the company's strength,reputation,etc,.to choose to work for all types of industries.
Valuable Suggestions are most welcome.
Regards
Swapna

From India, Hyderabad
Shehwar

Hi, I agree with Swapna.... you should work on Demand-Supply concept. But u can also build on a reputation for a particular sector or a particular industry. ~Shehwar
From India, Madras
sujata1jan

Hi
Swapna has said it clearly. In consultancy you cannot go for particular industry but you can hire consultant to handle particular industry in that way you will be able to generate business from all industry.
Regards
Sujata

From India, Faridabad
vke
Respected Seniors,
Thanks for sharing your views
There was a recent incident, two big Multi National Company contacted us for the recruitment work, but as they came to know that we are not expertise in their industry, also knowing that we have potential staff to handle different industries, we missed that contract, so keeping all this in mind, we want to be on a right track
We are still looking for more Suggestions.
Regards,
VKE

From India, Delhi
shijumatthew

HI
i think its important to understand your core competency, and act accordingly. If you think you have the resources to cater to the IT industry, then should concentrate on that. Otherwise would be better to cater to whatever you have.
ON the other hand trying to rake in the moolah when its available through catering to the IT sector is recommendable.
Thanks and Regards
Shiju Mathai

From India, Mumbai
vinodvijapur

Now lets look this issue with a different point of view. Its a kind of marketing stratergy which needs to be decided.

The theory which answers the stratergic question is the "Theory Of Product Life Cycle"

The product life cycle has 4 phases...

1) Introduction

2) Growth

3) Maturity

4) Decline

1) Introduction

When u are a start up company, try to have an objective, have an aim, means - being specific, means concentrate on a specific sector.

concentrating on a specific sector means, finding the need in the market.

I specifically mentioned Need in market because, if there is a need in the market then u need not push the product, the product gets sold by itself.

Note : Product i mean the services u provide by which requirements are fullfilled.Product & service is used interchangeabely.

2) Growth

This is the phase where u can look after growing the existing business & maximizing the profits. Because in the introduction phase, to get the share of market, u might have compromised with cost.

3) Maturity

This is the phase where u try to diversify yourself...move into other sectors. Have multiple product line/service lineups

4) Decline

Every dog has its day, once the product line/service lineups

is no more competative, move on to different sector.

Note: Kindly check the attachement for the Product Life cycle.

Vinod Vijapur

From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpeg pdc_161.jpeg (7.3 KB, 105 views)

Sushant
Hi,
For any company / organisation, it is necessary to identify a set of core competencies. A staffing company should thus have one of its core competencies : "sourcing suitable profiles". Thus, IMHO, it should not impose an artificial self restriction by limiting to a particular industry.
Au revoir
Sushant

From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.