No Tags Found!

odlearner
Hi,
We are embarking upon a competency mapping exercise in our organization for about 150 roles across various functions.
If any of the forum members have taken up the exercise in their organization at a similar scale, would request you to kindly share the process steps for the same, along with any literature on the best practices of competency mapping.

From India, Mumbai
vyomaa
i am too working on da same as my coll project.....but dont knw where to start.. do help me...
From India, Mumbai
ksa04

Dear All.
Im also sailing in the same boat!!!I formated task description table & sent a doc to all departments & asked each one of them to define their role.They filled up & sent.This gave me insight about the funtions of each department which im not aware or not within my scope.But there were duplication of work within the department.Then i sorted out primary & secondary responsibility.I consolidated the reports & based on this i listed their activity & did a flow chart.Start you will surely find a way out....

From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Task Description Table.doc (34.0 KB, 993 views)

Paranoid
Hi,
Competency Mapping is a very effective and useful procedure for any organization. At the same time its a time consuming and tedious process. before starting the process you should be clear about the scope of the entire process. Copetency mapping, once implemented can be linked with Recruitment, Training & Performance Management.
It is important that there should be one process owner who understand the scope, objective and the procedure. You might have to conduct a series of meetings with the top management, Leaders(Functional Heads), and each team seperately to get their buy in. You also need to anchor lot of brainstorming sessions to to arrive at the most important competencies for the department / Organization.
Once you have arrived at the 15 - 20 most important competencies, you have to describe 4 - 5 levels of each competency. You can reach me @ 09845819085 (bangalore) for more information.
Regards
Sandeep V

odlearner
Dear ksa04, On what basis did you differentiate and group roles and jobs within a given function?
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.