No Tags Found!

muthu_hr
Dear seniors & friends
can you please clarify about the training need analysis, is it to be indentified by Department heads or HR professionals and please let me know how to identify.
Expecting your reply
Thanks
Muthu r

From India, Madras
poovendree govender

Dear Muthu
The Hr professional needs to undertake a training needs analysis to identify the shortcomings and gaps that exist in an employee.
The gaps identifed will be the areas of development in terms of training and development.
Please send me your e-mail address so that I can e-mail your the training need analysis template.

From South Africa, Johannesburg
anupsoans

Training Needs Analysis is the first step of HRD. To be effective HRD must be based on the goals to be achieved by the company and the skills needed by various employees to achieve the short and long-term goals. Once these skills are identified, the current skills levels need to measured and then a training/learning facilitation program drawn up to bridge the gap. Trainers need to be aware of Theories of adult learning and employees made aware of life-long learning in order to make Learning a mutually beneficial exercise.

Pushpa05
The training need identification is a process to be undertaken by both HOD and HR professionals. 4-Q Toyotal model is very good model. You may try it.
From India, Jamshedpur
Bhanu Chander

Please find attached, E-Book on "How To Identify Your Organization’s Training Needs". Hope it will be useful.
From India, Hyderabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf How To Identify Your Organization's Training Needs.pdf (1.64 MB, 2066 views)

Nana Yaw Amaka-Otchere
training need analysis is the responsibility of the line manager/departmental head. the hr professional however helps the line managers to do it properly. the steps are quite simple.
1. determine the targets/goals/objectives (TGOs) of the organisation, reduce it into departmental TGOs and sectional and individual TGOs
2. determine the skill sets needed to ensure that the targets are met
3. measure the current skill sets of your employees agaist the needed skills
4. if there are any gaps then the training needs are confirmed
5. the line manager should also review employee's performance against TGOs set and if there are any shortfalls attributed to the skill sets of the employee then a training need is established.
6. the appropriate training to bridge the gap is then given.
NB: it's a cycle that only ends when the employee is retired

les2allan

Hello Muthu. To answer your question, there are a variety of options for conducting the TNA. These range from department heads doing it on their own to HR professionals doing it on their own to both doing it together collaboratively. My advice for maximum effectiveness and buy-in by managers is for the HR department to develop the TNA process, tools and templates (that is, the TNA system) for managers to use. Along with this should go the necessary training for managers in how to identify what problems can be solved by training and in how to identify skill gaps.

My training needs analysis page at http://www.businessperform.com/html/..._analysis.html outlines three scenarios in which TNAs need to be conducted. This page also shows a training needs analysis questionnaire template that you can use. I trust you find this useful.

Les Allan
Author: From Training to Enhanced Workplace Performance
www.businessperform.com

From Australia, Glen Waverley
ashishraghu80
Dear poovendree This is Ashish singh ,working as aExe.H.R. Can u send me "Sample of Training Identification Need" Regards Ashish Singh
From India, New Delhi
Sanjay Patro

Hi!!
Poovendree - I would be happy to have a copy of what format is in circulation through you to enhance my knowledge sa well.
Meanwhile I am also happy to share some material which we have collated from various sources and ahave adapted it for our own use. We do circulate this for our clients consumption free of charge.
There maybe some of you who might find this useful. Either ways I would appreciate comments on the utility of this document. I can be reached on OR 0120 - 4331536.
I also would take this opportunity to inform all my friends in this forum of our upcoming Train The Trainer (Beginers level) open house training program. To know more about the program contents please click here <link no longer exists - removed>
For more information email or call us. Also FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS ANY TRAINING RELATED QUERIES. I am happy to mentor newcomers in this field.
Cheers !!

From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Investing your training budget.doc (37.0 KB, 1264 views)

B K BHATIA

Training Needs Identification is a pre-requisite to training need analysis. It tends to be a work flow driven exercise in mature organizations.

Training needs could pertain to technical/ professional knowledge, behavioral competencies (including management & leadership skills) & general awareness. Some of these needs can be defined by the employee him/ herself and audited by his/ her immediate boss, while the behavioral needs can be indicated better by the boss.

Some organizations use performance appraisal system to gather this information. A few others have elaborate systems for on-line collection & analysis of training needs. They deploy tools such as 'Training Management Information Systems' which collect the needs, carry out competency gap analysis, prepare development plans for all employees and also generate a Training Calendar for the organization. Such systems also provide a facility for nomination of employees on different programs included in the calendar (or on the external programs), collect & analyse employee feed back after training is completed & monitor that each employee undergoes training as per his/ her Development Plan. Training is tracked by the HR (Training Coordinator) by utilizing the tools available in the system and the system efficiency is continuously improved based on feed back collected from trainees as well as their immediate bosses.

Those interested to read more may open the relevant pages of 'EmpXtrack', an integrated human capital & talent management solution. For improvement in quality of their HR services, many organizations are already using the EmpXtrack platform.

B K Bhatia

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.