winjobs2020

Dear Friends, Salary of "Sweeper" at NTPC, file is attached. Kindly let me know if this article is true, and how many years does it take to get this much salary at NTPC itself. Thanks, Vinod
From India, Madras
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf Times of India - 17 Oct 2005 Monday.pdf (57.9 KB, 2213 views)

sswatikapoor

Dear friends...
I dont doudt the authenticity of the report and I have myself met such persons in respectable companies earning close to 5 lakh and they are just Xth pass.
Its what someone truely says as lucky but ya they do wrk hard too.
Regards,
Dr. Swati

From India, Bangalore
Arvindsingh

It is true. The salary of staff in Navratna PSUs increase openended @ 3.5% perannum. Due to time to time pay revision also take effects. You may find some emplyees at S2 - S3 level drawing basic salary morethan 22000 PM with time (near about 40 year of service). Now along with recent 50% DA merger and adhoc payments in light of 6th pay commission recommendation, it is not hard to find staff with such high payments (where near about 80 to 115% of perks and allowences also may be counted). In govt sectors it is not difficult to notice by young executives that their subordinates are earning twice than themselves. in some point it is good also according to social justice and need based distribution theories. They are grown up man with family needs. While the young executives are often unmarried or with small families. There expenditure need is really small in compare to those people.
From India, New Delhi
asimfarakka
I am working in NTPC. The content is not clear. Is it salary only or annual cost to company of the referred employees. The Salary of sweeper and drivers are surely the best paid, I think it is faulty job evaluation of the company. Do you know that the graduate steno, assistants and a quite a lot of technical posts are equated with driver in NTPC ?
From India, Jalandhar
knowledgesix
I did read this in 2005, but thought the report might not be showing the clear picture..not sure though..kuch bhi ho sakta hai Amit G
From India
ks_murthy

Dear All,

This story of 2005 of TOI / ET, reflects the penchant of media for sensationalism, scandlising and creating new national villains each day. For more on media's social agenda, refer to this post: In any case after creating this negative story, the media fell silent as its purpose is served.

https://www.citehr.com/122637-social...need-help.html

I am working in NTPC-HR for the last 16 years and am yet to find such an anamoly. In fact, NTPC is not having any trade called sweeper, peon etc. In the unit in which I am currently working, we do not have any attendant for carrying files or drivers for vehicles. Every body carries their own files. There is just one driver for head of the bussiness unit.

In the instant case, it is more likely that the persons in question might have superannuated in that year. All the superannuation benifits / terminal benifits were paid / released to him. Thus the amounts relaesed have exceeded a certain threshold limit and thus the case was needed to be reported in annual accounts.

NTPC is a socially responsible organisation. It is delivering value for its clients and stake holders at very competitive rates. Professional of this forum need to exercise wisdom in accepting such stories.

From India, Changanacheri
rajsawster

Government of India and Department of Public Enterprise is squandering the public money. You cannot expect better governnance in Banana Republic with third world countries. India got freedom of choice to do anything anywhere anytime who cares. Government is not accountable to people for tax they collect from the people where these money goes?

Here is Dragon called Navratna efficiency below 20% salary above market 700%.
Public Sector Efficiency:
Weekly Off days : 104 ( Saturday and Sunday)
Holidays in year : 17 to 21 days
Paid Leave : 30 days
Casual Leave : 12 days
Sick Leaves : 20 Days
Extra ordinary Leave without pay - Unlimited
Special Leave Provision for Sterlization
Leaves on Medical Ground

Minimum annual leave with weekly offs = 183 days minimum
Working days in Year 365 days
balance actual working days 182 days pear year

The above figures are based on actual average leaves per annum availed by government servent in a year.
This is minimum leave criteria applicable for lowest "C" schedule Public Sector companies in central government.
You can add many more leaves on education, travelling on transfer 10 days plus many other kinds of leave.

The above working days are half of total working days in a year. If you add more their inefficiency and currpution in the government total impact goes to 15% out put on 365 days working for total investment by the government because they are surplus workforce. Overtime is standing orders if you work during normal workinghours you are eligible overtimeif not entire operations are managed through contract employees. All such sham contracts are owned by the relatives of Union Office Bearers.

This is well known fact in all government companies. Who cares for 8 lacs even if its 80 lacs it dosen't surprise to government.

From Saudi Arabia
THIAGARAJU

can any one compare a govt organisation and a private company. Sorry to say that IT companies work lesser than govt organisations when compared to
leave and holidays. dont be annoyed of leave and holidays .Corruption is not only due to leave and holidays. change the system all will change .have a positive attitude. corruption is an individual behaviour, correction can only be made.

From India, Madras
rajanassociates

Dear All
Please do not treat the Public Sector as a whipping boy.Remember our constitution provides for a Welfare State .It is Govt the owners of PSU & Parliament to decide on this and not for us.Every Industry be it private or PSU have their drawbacks.Are not people in Private Sector working for someone in Management to have a "High Funda life ".Ultimately PSU by themselves generate a Community life which Private Sector is not doing.Take example of BHEL Trichy,NLC & NTPC.
With Regards

E-mail :

From India, Bangalore
kasp_c1
It's was an absoultely falsification of the facts about the claimed salary it must have included all the perks which include LTC , Medical etc which makes it a bit bombastic.The conviction of me saying all the these thing is the fact that i am ex NTPC HR Profesional .
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.